Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Turbo Performance Products
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #21
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Performance View Post
I'm sure I can build something for your set up. Custom blankets aren't usually an issue if I have some good specs/pics of what needs to be covered. On twin kits I usually do both turbos and hot pipe with the 3 layer blankets and send wrap for the down pipe to save cost for the customer in an area that doesn't necessarily need all 3 layers.

Turnaround time isn't much either, maybe a day or two. I don't like being the guy people are waiting on.
AWESOME...I'll get ahold of you when I get it built...it will be hanging on a mockup engine, so it won't be hard to get pics/measurements for you!

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 12-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #22
Turbo Performance

Name: Turbo Performance
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
All PM's replied. To the top.
Turbo/Manifold/Hotpipe Blankets

Old 12-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #23
Farmall Power

Name: Farmall Power
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
What would the cost be for a manifold blanket and for a s300-s400 twin set up?

Old 12-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #24
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmall Power View Post
What would the cost be for a manifold blanket and for a s300-s400 twin set up?

$240 Shipped during the sale... Retail is right at $328. What are you going to do about the hot pipe?

Old 12-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
Hammer

Name: Hammer
Title: Verbal Junk Author
Member`s Gallery
I never really thought much about these until I seen Wes's' truck the other Saturday when we met for him to borrow a set of my injectors.He popped the hood and showed me the blankets.I was amazed at how much heat they retain underneath them and the blanket tops were cool to the touch,even after him driving in right off the road.

So now my interest has been peaked and I have a few questions....
-Are the blankets available in color or do they have to be painted to what we want?.I show my truck all Summer long and I am very detail oriented under my hood so looks are a concern.

-Does the blanket have to placed on the exhaust manifold before the turbo install or do you have one that can be mounted without removing the charger?.

-The one thing I have seen on the photo's of your product installed that concerns me,and I also seen it on Wes's truck in person,is the fit of the blanket where it comes into contact at the head.Have you ever though about a making and using couple of tabs that can be placed under 2 or 3 of the top exhaust maniold bolts so a owner can secure the blanket tighter at the top thus creating a cleaner install look?.

-I know Wes told me you looking at the wastegate area fitment,have you figured something out on that so we have no binding issues with our gates on the S300 framed chargers?.

I am still hinged on the fence with these but after seeing how much of a difference in Wes's truck they made I am very interested.I am concerned with overall fit and look also as I do show my truck all Summer and would not want to get bagged at judging time for a sloppy fit or look.Sorry to ask so many questions that you probably already addressed but I figured it would be easier than digging all the old threads up..You help is appreciated.....Andy

Old 12-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #26
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
I never really thought much about these until I seen Wes's' truck the other Saturday when we met for him to borrow a set of my injectors.He popped the hood and showed me the blankets.I was amazed at how much heat they retain underneath them and the blanket tops were cool to the touch,even after him driving in right off the road.

So now my interest has been peaked and I have a few questions....
-Are the blankets available in color or do they have to be painted to what we want?.I show my truck all Summer long and I am very detail oriented under my hood so looks are a concern.

The blankets come in natural color (tan) and I paint them with a high temp paint if a customer wants a different color. I've tried dyed material and it doesn't seem to hold up near as well as the painted. No difference in performance, just color, which holds up great. I've had black blankets on my truck for over a year with very little, if any, change in color.

-Does the blanket have to placed on the exhaust manifold before the turbo install or do you have one that can be mounted without removing the charger?.

Normally the manifold blanket has to be installed before the turbo, or you have to remove the turbo to install. At a few customer requests I have made a slit on the bottom of the blanket so you can install it without removing the turbo(s). I just prefer for the blanket to be put on with the turbo removed to eliminate any possible sagging on the bottom caused by the slit.

-The one thing I have seen on the photo's of your product installed that concerns me,and I also seen it on Wes's truck in person,is the fit of the blanket where it comes into contact at the head.Have you ever though about a making and using couple of tabs that can be placed under 2 or 3 of the top exhaust maniold bolts so a owner can secure the blanket tighter at the top thus creating a cleaner install look?.

The only problem with tabbing to hold the blanket on is variances in sewing and the different manifolds the blanket will fit. The tabs would have to be in different places on stock manifolds vs. aftermarket. In all reality though, I can make whatever someone wants, if you want tabs, I can probably do tabs. Custom blankets haven't been much of an issue so far, just a matter of figuring it out and making it work.

-I know Wes told me you looking at the wastegate area fitment,have you figured something out on that so we have no binding issues with our gates on the S300 framed chargers?.

As of right now, S300 blankets for wastegated turbos work great and fit most housings fine. The blanket just has to stay behind the wastegate bracket as there are just too many different gate set-ups with different brackets for me to account for with front flap specific blankets. If a customer can get me physical turbo specs or wants to make a special request, I can build a blanket specifically for them. I've been spending what little free time I have trying to work out a way for a general front flap to get better/cleaner coverage, which is probably what Wes was talking about.

Keep in mind, I don't charge more for custom work. It's all based off the amount of material I have into a blanket that determines price.

I am still hinged on the fence with these but after seeing how much of a difference in Wes's truck they made I am very interested.I am concerned with overall fit and look also as I do show my truck all Summer and would not want to get bagged at judging time for a sloppy fit or look.Sorry to ask so many questions that you probably already addressed but I figured it would be easier than digging all the old threads up..You help is appreciated.....Andy

My answers in red. Sorry for the long response.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #27
Farmall Power

Name: Farmall Power
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Performance View Post
$240 Shipped during the sale... Retail is right at $328. What are you going to do about the hot pipe?
what would a blanket for the hot pipe cost?

Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #28
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmall Power View Post
what would a blanket for the hot pipe cost?
Normally right around $70, with the sale expect somewhere in the $50 range. I need measurements to shoot you an exact price, it's all based off material used.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #29
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
4 1/2 days left. TTT.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #30
Mudn_1

Name: Mudn_1
Title: Sweet Home
Member`s Gallery
what's up with your website, it won't come up?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #31
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudn_1 View Post
what's up with your website, it won't come up?
Not sure, I just noticed that. I just had to renew it a few days ago, I'll call them tomorrow and see what the deal is. I'm working on another updated website as well, which should be up shortly and will be changing the name to turbosock.com. Not so long and should be more informative and easier to navigate. If you need anything while I work this out, don't hesitate to call.

Levi

Old 12-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #32
Mudn_1

Name: Mudn_1
Title: Sweet Home
Member`s Gallery
well my parents hopefully are gonna get me the blankets as a gift for christmas, so I was trying to figure out the best way to show them which ones i need by emailing a the direct link, but if you got a better idea ill do that

Old 12-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #33
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudn_1 View Post
well my parents hopefully are gonna get me the blankets as a gift for christmas, so I was trying to figure out the best way to show them which ones i need by emailing a the direct link, but if you got a better idea ill do that
Try crdpower.com it forwards you to my site. It should work for you until I get the direct link back up and running.

You can have them call me direct once they know which blanket you need so they get the compD sale price, just have them mention it.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #34
Got Smoke?

Name: Got Smoke?
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I'm curious what a sock for .90 non-wg S400 housing would cost? I'm not going to be able to get one before the sale ends because of lack of funds, but what's the Comp D price?

Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #35
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Smoke? View Post
I'm curious what a sock for .90 non-wg S400 housing would cost? I'm not going to be able to get one before the sale ends because of lack of funds, but what's the Comp D price?
Retail for an S400 is $103.99. Usually I have a combo deal running for CompD. Manifold blanket and Turbo Sock for $199.99 shipped. Saves $25 + shipping. Give me a shout when you round up some funds and I'm sure we can work something out.

Closed Thread