Turbo ID - See pics

pic_jon

$5 Fine For Whinin'
Turbo is not in my possession. This is the info I was given.

75mm compressor and about 80mm turbine 1.34 a/r T6
P/N: 7200
S/N- 5501GLM09805

From what I google revealed, the part number should be OR72OO for a CAT 3406E. Unable to find exact specs though.

These are the pics that were sent to me. Leaving their size for the time being to help with the identification process.

Why are people afraid to remove the housings and take measurements?

photo5-2.jpg

photo1-9.jpg

photo4-4.jpg

photo3-8.jpg

photo2-9.jpg

photo1-8.jpg

photo2-10.jpg

Well by judging by the guys shoes. He is a 18 to 20 year old kid that lives at home with his parents and could remove the cover if it was just set on the center section with no clamps.

Garrett charger made for Cat, model BTV5501...

Compressor wheel 448671 (common GT42 wheel)

Turbine is a TV55 wheel, a little bit of an oddball. Old school aero, but sometimes they work OK depending on what one plans to do with it. You will be hard put to find any other turbine housings for it that bolt on unless you go junkyarding through old detroit turbo cores.

The closest modern equivalent would be a GT4502. It's not a real hot rod piece, might work in a twin setup as the atmosphere charger, though it's a little under-compressored for that.

Boreless means you are not gonna be able to slap another everyday wheel on it, you'll need to find another boreless wheel for it if you want to upsize the compressor.

I wouldn't put a lot of money in it, IMHO. S400s can be had for <$1k that will walk all over this thing.

Last edited:
Well by judging by the guys shoes. He is a 18 to 20 year old kid that lives at home with his parents and could remove the cover if it was just set on the center section with no clamps.

Next time I see you at a pull, lemme see your shoes and I'll judge how you're going to do... LOL

Next time I see you at a pull, lemme see your shoes and I'll judge how you're going to do... LOL

Deal. My simpson driving shoes should get me way down the track!

Them shoes are worn by wannabe skater kids that are to lazy to tie them. Really think he is going to take the time to get wrenches and pull the cover if he is to lazy to tie his shoes on a daily basis:shake:

Turbine is a TV55 wheel, a little bit of an oddball. Old school aero, but sometimes they work OK depending on what one plans to do with it. You will be hard put to find any other turbine housings for it that bolt on unless you go junkyarding through old detroit turbo cores.

The closest modern equivalent would be a GT4502. It's not a real hot rod piece, might work in a twin setup as the atmosphere charger, though it's a little under-compressored for that.

Boreless means you are not gonna be able to slap another everyday wheel on it, you'll need to find another boreless wheel for it if you want to upsize the compressor.

I wouldn't put a lot of money in it, IMHO. S400s can be had for <$1k that will walk all over this thing.

Great information! Thank you :Cheer:

Tag says: Remanufactured Catipillar Turbo

Compressor

Housing: .86 ar
Wheel: 74.5/102.5
Inlet: 5.25"
Outlet: 2.5"

Turbine

Housing: 1.34ar
Wheel: 88.5/80.5
5" V-Band
T6

No in/out play. Side to side play is (minimal) normal.

Currently piecing together a compound set up. Daily driving, towing during the summer and Royal Purple Raceway on the weekends. I'm 45 minutes from both a 1/4 & 1/8 mi track.

I feel the comp/turbine housings might be too large for my 57/65/13.

Fueling will be a dual fed 913 pump @ 525-550cc's, 181's, stock lines, stock lift pump soon fed by an electric pump, OFV020, no plate, 5x.019's.

Any thoughts/opinions/experience on this turbo/setup are very welcome.

photo-9.jpg

IMG_5498.jpg

Do you have any idea what the compressor map is for your manifold charger?

Maybe a link?

I'll check the laptop this evening. Pretty sure I had a compressor map for my HTT 1357257

The wheel itself is 57/83 (or 57/79 depending on the source.) Turbine is 65/74.

Last edited:
just a heads up... that turbine housings overall length is a lot longer than a S400 T6 housing. so what i'd like to point out to you is that if you going to mount your twins with the over and under style (how most of the kits are) keep in mind the firewall to turbine outlet, remember you have to squeeze a 5" downpipe in there.

they made those turbine housings longer to match the internally wastegated housing that some of the similar models and engine HP levels had. and boy are they heavy!

just wanted to add that for you, saw your building your own kit.

just a heads up... that turbine housings overall length is a lot longer than a S400 T6 housing. so what i'd like to point out to you is that if you going to mount your twins with the over and under style (how most of the kits are) keep in mind the firewall to turbine outlet, remember you have to squeeze a 5" downpipe in there.

they made those turbine housings longer to match the internally wastegated housing that some of the similar models and engine HP levels had. and boy are they heavy!

just wanted to add that for you, saw your building your own kit.

I hear ya.. It's exterior dimensions are pretty big. Might have to mount this one in place of the passenger side battery. We'll see.

Turbine is a TV55 wheel......

You will be hard put to find any other turbine housings for it that bolt on unless you go junkyarding through old detroit turbo cores.

I might have to do that. Especially if a wastegated housing will fit.

Wife and I have next week off, maybe we can make it a date

Back