Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Accessories and Add-Ons
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Accessories and Add-Ons Non-Performance related parts and accessories. Tires Wheels, Stereo, Tint, and Trim

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2023, 01:22 PM   #1
J-Pipes
 
J-Pipes's Avatar

Name: J-Pipes
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,549
Tonneau cover interchangeability?

Trying to find a cheap soft cover for hauling stuff for the wife on occasion. Does anyone know if any/all of the 6-1/2' cover are the same, or do I need to find one specific for a 2nd gen? Just trying to find a cheapo on Facebook for now, and not seeing any for a 2nd gen, 3rd and 4th gen seem common, as well as newer Ford and gm covers.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
__________________
2000 Dodge ext cab short bed, 6spd.
 
Old 01-29-2023, 09:52 AM   #2
bateman
 
bateman's Avatar

Name: bateman
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Alabama
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 2,637
2nd gen bed is not square if I remember right. Narrow at the rear and I believe some of the fords are the same. Also pretty good curve at the front to match the cab. Again I think some fords match. Not much help but maybe some.
 
Old 01-30-2023, 05:43 AM   #3
06 DIESEL
 
06 DIESEL's Avatar

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Airville, PA
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 5,111
Watch Amazon Warehouse deals, I picked up a roll tonneau cover a while back for less than half retail.

Also, not a warehouse deal but still a decent deal.

Amazon.com: Tonno Pro Tonno Fold, Soft Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 42-205 | Fits 1994 - 2001 Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 6) : Everything Else
__________________
Travis

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.
 
Old 01-30-2023, 09:06 AM   #4
J-Pipes
 
J-Pipes's Avatar

Name: J-Pipes
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL View Post
Watch Amazon Warehouse deals, I picked up a roll tonneau cover a while back for less than half retail.

Also, not a warehouse deal but still a decent deal.

Amazon.com: Tonno Pro Tonno Fold, Soft Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 42-205 | Fits 1994 - 2001 Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 6) : Everything Else
What are "warehouse deals", and how do you find those?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
__________________
2000 Dodge ext cab short bed, 6spd.
 
Old 01-30-2023, 09:50 AM   #5
06 DIESEL
 
06 DIESEL's Avatar

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Airville, PA
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 5,111
When you do an Amazon search you change the drop down to Amazon Warehouse. After that you search as normal. You would be amazed at what you can find deals on in their warehouse. Most are just warehouse damaged boxes, some are customer returns. In the years I have been using the warehouse I have less than 10 bad deals that I have had to return, and several hundred good deals.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: png Amazon Warehouse.png (80.5 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Travis

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.
 
Old 01-30-2023, 10:04 AM   #6
1320Cummins
 
1320Cummins's Avatar

Name: 1320Cummins
Title: 2G Collector
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston TX
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL View Post
When you do an Amazon search you change the drop down to Amazon Warehouse. After that you search as normal. You would be amazed at what you can find deals on in their warehouse. Most are just warehouse damaged boxes, some are customer returns. In the years I have been using the warehouse I have less than 10 bad deals that I have had to return, and several hundred good deals.

Click the image to open in full size.
Stop giving away my secrets!

Look into the rock auto "wholesaler closeouts" as well. Youll almost certainly have better results finding a tonneau cover through Amazon, but you never know what kind of amazing deals youll come across for the rest of your truck through rock auto closeouts.
__________________
01 2500 QC SB 47RE 4X2
02 3500 QC 48RE 4X4
96 2500 CC NV4500 4X4
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.

 


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2024, CompetitionDiesel.com
all information found on this site is property of www.competitiondiesel.com