Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > First Coast Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
riggz

Name: riggz
Title: Night Train
Member`s Gallery
EGR Delete

Can someone school me on your 6.0l delete kit. I'm looking at installing one in the near future. I'm not really that educated on how the coolant flows through the manifold and what your kit does. Also are there instructions on how to remove/install it available on side?

Old 05-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
Santa Gertrudis

Name: Santa Gertrudis
Title: 6.4LTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
I have seen Adam post before that he sends out thorough instructions with every kit sold.

2010 F-250 CC SB 4x4

It's got a chip in it

Deranged Performance

Old 05-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
riggz

Member`s Gallery
Cool. I'd like to see them beforehand if possible. So I know what all is involved. I'm also planning on sending in a takeoff from another motor so I don't have my truck out of service for 2 weeks.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
Abrannan19

Name: Abrannan19
Title: NOBAMA 09-12
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggz View Post
Can someone school me on your 6.0l delete kit. I'm looking at installing one in the near future. I'm not really that educated on how the coolant flows through the manifold and what your kit does. Also are there instructions on how to remove/install it available on side?
Coolant flows from the topside of the motor thru the bottom of the intake manifold like so:

here is where it enters the manifold;

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is where it coolant enters the EGR cooler; The short blue hose is where coolant enters the oil cooler

stock EGR cooler installed;

with our kit we remove EGR cooler and reroute the coolant thru a 90* elbow that's welded onto the intake and we weld the old port where recirculated exhaust gases use to flow;

then thru the 180* "U" then into the oil cooler;

installed;

Then it also comes with the solid up pipe, this the stock up pipe vs. modded;

Installed;

please forgive my photo editing I know its lacking quality..I dont have photoshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Gertrudis View Post
I have seen Adam post before that he sends out thorough instructions with every kit sold.
Thanks Colin. And yes I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggz View Post
Cool. I'd like to see them beforehand if possible. So I know what all is involved. I'm also planning on sending in a takeoff from another motor so I don't have my truck out of service for 2 weeks.
They normally only get sent out with paid purchases, but if you give me you email address I will send them to you.

A side note..You are more then welcome to send you intake and up pipe to be modded, from the day it arrives it takes approx 3 days and it will ship back out on the 3rd day, the only positive to this method is you don't have to pay a core fee upfront. I think that you may have misunderstood the 2 week core deal. The 2 week core return is what we allow for each customer to install the parts and ship them back, 2 weeks from the date of delivery and the date they ship the core parts back, this can be negotiated if discussed prior. If you were to call me say tomorrow, we would ship you a full delete kit out Tuesday, there is normally no wait time from the order date unless we dont have any cores.

I hope that this is the info that you were looking for if you have any other questions please let me know and I will do my best to answer them!

Regards,

Adam Brannan

FCDP

visit us @ www.firstcoastdieselperformance.com
Email: Abrannan19@aol.com
Phone: (904)-813-5067

Old 05-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
riggz

Member`s Gallery
Thanks for the schooling! As for the 2 week thing, I work for 2 fire departments so with shipping to and fro, the modification time, and the removal and install time It would be at least 2 weeks. I usually only have 1 day off out of 3 so I want to get the old one out and a new one in in the same day. As for the core fee yeah I'm trying to find a sweet deal on a manifold to send in first so I dont have to worry about shipping mine back.

I'll PM you my email.

Closed Thread