Duramax or Cummins for 1/4 fun!?

-Fidanza-

Hey Guys, I've been thinking about getting rid of my sports car and getting back into another diesel truck again. I am a painting contractor for now and would rather have 1 vehicle to take care of instead of a van and car. I also miss being able to cart friends around and put things in the back of the truck...

With that being said, I have a high 10 second car now and would miss the speed.. So, I was wondering which of the 2 would be easier to run consistent low 11's on motor alone. Factoring in the transmissions and all, which would be the least expensive of the 2 to have for a play toy/ daily driver? I'd be looking at the common rail dodge, or 01 up chevy trucks. With less that 80,000 miles on them. Any of your input would be greatly appreciated cause this is going to be a big decision I have to make within the next few months :nail:

I would say they'd be comparable in price...Dodge might be a little cheaper. The Allison transmissions seem to be pretty cantankerous when it comes to drag racing. One run could be an 11.0, the next a 11.3 just on shifting. I would probably lean towards a CR Dodge.

daily driving and relying on a low 11 second common rail (be it Cummins or Duramax) does NOT sound like a stress-free existence to me! LOL

of those two, I would go Cummins because you won't have to get into the bottom end of the engine, and the transmission will work better once built

Ive had them both an 02 dmax & 05 commins there both great trucks my dmax was stolen i miss it a lot i now have the 05 cummins it dont get the mpg the dmax did but its a nice truck to have and a lot cheaper to upgrade parts the only down fall to me is the trannys suck a$$

Back