Help please 47RH shift issue

bateman

This is my daily driver ‘95 auto.

Recently I noticed almost a bind I guess I would call it. Take off from red light and truck would feel like it hits 2nd gear immediately then goes back to 1st and revs go up. Shifts normal once warm. Would only do that at the first red light of the morning.

Fast forward to today and I guess it’s stacking 2nd and 3rd gear. If I manually select second it will hit 2nd gear then when manually shift to 3rd there’s a big flare and it grabs.

I’m adding half a quart of fluid first. Double checking my shifter cable (B&M gated).

Does this sound like a solenoid issue or perhaps a band adjustment? Thanks guys

Well shit. My tv arm came off the shaft at the trans. Drove 20 minutes home. How fucked is my clutch pack?

I always preffered just running and adjustable turn buckle and setting the lever in a stationary position.

Only at all downside was it would downshift on decel a little sooner than with the cable hooked up.

It gets rid of the light throttle stack shifts.

Thanks guys. I probably freaked out a bit. Got to have a way to get to work.

It drove fine this morning. I let it hit second and mashed on it and it kicked the tires no slipping. As well as low rpm, locked and layed into it with no slip.

Jason that sounds interesting and I would welcome the earlier downshift. I’m running a triple disc with a trans go shift kit as far as I know. Billet small parts.

How far should I tie the lever back to start? I know I’ve read up on this over the years but it gets hard to retain all the info. Would it be harder on the pump making that much pressure all the time?

Zip tie it all the way forward and see how it acts, if it hangs and won't shift, back it off a tiny bit and restest.

Keep it set as far forward as you can, and it still go into the next gear.

If the downshifts are to harsh, you can also back the lever up a little bit.

Set this way, it helps alot with the stack shifts they do under light throttle, especially with gov springs in the pump, because you barely have to tip into the throttle to accel lightly. With the cable still hooked up, your not hardly pulling back on the TV at all under light throttle, so they run through the gears to fast.

80% for me. They do something stupid at 100 but I can't ever what ATM.
If you have a low stall, watch temps if you idle in gear at lights or traffic.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Thanks. Reading some old threads on it now. I usually bump neutral at long lights. Got a big ass cooler and fan in the bed though

I need to add cooler. Someone has a nice thermostatic valve to limit cold weather flow. I need to find it. I think it's the Allison swap guys in FL that use it

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back