2000 Jetta ALH build thread

HightechRedneck

I purchased my car on March 30th 2013 and since then have been very busy getting it to where I want it. So far it's been all looks with a few minor performance deals so I figured I would throw up a quick thread of the car.

When I bought it
E05E63BE-BF3D-425B-951A-90CA99CA2FF7-801-00000257FC63EF8D.jpg

Had rust, few dents, lots of scratches but 180k with a new injection pump and all papers.

AAEF182F-3CA2-4CFC-9750-DF90D775B9FE-820-0000025E535893FB.jpg

Needless to say I saw the light in it so I picked it up.

That night it came home I spent over 2k on parts. Headlights, taillights, market lights, intake, arm rest, isspro gauges, wheels.

C865F14D-0CF0-44D3-B2A3-310FF90E13FD-968-0000027016CBCFA8.jpg

I had a vision of the car and how I wanted it so following weeks I had windows tinted 20%, debadged, new front spoiler added, spare key made, fixed check engine light, grille and did a full stereo install. It's been constant nights spend on it but its finally getting close to being complete.

Then I had an exhaust installed on it. 2.5" turbo back with a 3.5" tip cut out in rear spoiler along with taillights and custom paint touches.

42ACDBC8-FE5E-4250-A3D5-80D1BB8605C7-7950-000011B78481F72E.jpg

This was up till this weekend. Car was scheduled to have a full brand new paint job, same color. So, I decided to strip it for the body man.

696EA847-CB16-462B-9032-2C5723A3A3CD-11056-000018D7888C7E58.jpg

77D3CBE9-FA1C-49A0-9982-EA403332DBC9-11056-000018D791DBFE79.jpg

Since paint is being done right now I'm currently up to date on the car. I haven't owned it for 2 months yet but I'm averaging 49mpg constantly to work and then since its this far a new southbend stage 2 endurance clutch was ordered.

I simply love the car and can't wait to show you guys it completed.

Future mods are to do Bosio 520 tips and a Malone flashzilla with stage 2, 1.5 and Eco tunes. Goals are 60mpg. I have also talked to my turbo guy and he wants to build a vnt17 hybrid with a billet wheel and all the goodies. Possible upgrades.

But that's so far. It's come a long way in 2 months.

so where is the "ALH build" part of the thread? ;)

careful with "turbo guys" slapping compressors on turbines, not very many shops can properly balance a small turbo like these. Component balancing is not enough.

This guy does small turbos and diesel turbos. Mainly for dealerships and large companies but I found him locally and he has done great work for me.

The build side will be coming shortly. Right now just a AFE intake and home built exhaust but I will be doing tunes and injectors. Nothing like your car but I'm also going for mileage. For power I have the other project

Which "520" nozzles? Sprint or Power Plus?

Flashzilla is a great way to tune your car, no downtime and a little customization ability(through Malone). Buy the Flashzilla off his website, if you want you can go through me for the tune(I'm a dealer). The only real advantage of going through me is I'm not as swamped as he is and can get back to you quick.

Make sure your turbo guy can VSR balance the turbo, if not, don't do it. These tiny turbos NEED to be VSR balanced.

Power plus, I was looking at the sprints but have heard some negatives about them. Then I plan on buying the flashzilla but then would you quote me on some tunes? Basically pp520s with a decent clutch. Looking for ultimate mileage tune and a fun tune. Clutch is rated to 350lbs tq so I have some room. Looked to be injectors add around 25 and 50 on paper so it should set me around 115 and 200 ish. I don't want to push the vnt15 too hard right now either. Need to save up. Malone did quote me a few tunes for the flashzilla but I will gladly give ya a shot.

Thanks on the comments too!! Car should be a nice deal. Just picked up 245/40/18 tires for the car. Should fit about perfect.

That's gonna be a good lookin car! I have an 03 with a kerma tune and have the same clutch sitting in the box waiting for time to install it! It's a huge difference just tuning it! Which isspros did you get? Factory match? That's what I have!

Thanks! It's come a long way in 2 months. What kinda mileage are you getting tuned ?

And yes I have the 30psi boost pyro and oil pressure all in the factory ev2 gauges. Just need to install them LOL

Thanks guys!! I'm extremely happy with how it turned out in 2 months time.

And Rick I fully understand the hate right now :D

Grab one up.

Your doing everything I wanna do to mine. Ive wanted a badgeless grill since Ive had mine but the whole getting a new hood thing has made me not do it. Awesome build btw. Good luck on your build.

Back