Pads and Rotors?

Tobin

5.7 IDI Powaa!
Time to slap some new pads and rotors on my 3rd gen.

Rotors I am looking at Raybestos Premium from Rock Auto. No drilled and slotted crap.

Pads? What does everyone recommend? I have always just thrown a set of Mopar premium replacements on it. I don't care if they dust, I want something good for towing. Semi-Metallic? Bosh severe duty?

Any recommendations?

I went with all raybestos on my 2nd gen. Element3 pads. It's their top of the line pads and for rotors just go with their cheaper line RG or PG they call them. It's all super cheap on rockauto.

I’ve not used them myself, but I know several fellows that run Power Stop rotors, calipers, and pads. I’ve used Wagner ThermoQuiet’s, Centric Posi-Quiet’s, and Dynamic Friction Heavy Duty’s. No issues with any of them.

I've used the power stop on all my stuff and been happy with them. I just ordered a front set of rotors and ceramic pads for my 2nd gen. Idk if I'll regret going ceramic or not

I buy Wagner pads. Rotors don't seem to make much difference, I bought some that were coated from Napa, rusted to crap and warped in 2 years. Bought Raybestos rotors for the daily this fall along with hoses and calipers figuring that's why the last set warped. We've barely seen any salt on the roads yet and they don't look promising.

I always used the Mopar premium pads. They always seemed to last the longest for me.

Agreed. Not that pads are expensive in the first place. Mopar's have provided great life for our 3rd gens. Minor dusting. For rotors, whatever the parts store has on the shelf.
Warped rotors is due to driving habits, not the rotor material.

I replaced all my stuff with power stop including calipers a couple years ago. Too dusty for my liking, I’ll be switching back to mopar.

Back