48re shifting issue?

I think my 48re is skipping 2nd gear and going straight to 3rd under regular driving. I have a TFRE-PRO kit installed, along with an anteater stand along controller and can't feel 3rd gear engage, I only feel/hear 2 shifts. I can manually shift the truck and feel 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4, but if I put it in drive, I only feel 2 shifts, unless I give it a little more throttle, than I can feel 3 shifts. But, the second shift happens like 2 second after the 1st shift and not when it's programmed to. If I give the truck decent throttle (over 40%), I can feel 3 shifts. I have 1-2 set at 12mph and around 14mph i can feel it shift again. Yet, it isn't supposed to shift into 3rd till 19mph. Any one got any ideas? Could it be the governor solenoid, or transducer causing this? Tv cable has been adjusted and it doesn't seem to help anything. The trans was acting fine until I put about 1200 miles on it, then the 2-3 shift slowly got softer over the months till nothing.

Also, there's no codes that pop up and under heavy acceleration, it shifts into all gears fine.

Try increasing the gov psi modifier by 5 until your 1-2 is achieved. Assuming this issue started with the new setup or have you had it going right before?edit make sure your TV is still set at 80 percent. Sounds like it may have loosened up over time

Last edited:
Try increasing the gov psi modifier by 5 until your 1-2 is achieved. Assuming this issue started with the new setup or have you had it going right before?edit make sure your TV is still set at 80 percent. Sounds like it may have loosened up over time

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Right now I have it set at 60psi. I honestly can't remember if it was happening with the original ecm, or it started after the anteater install. I also plan on going through the valve body this weekend in hopes of finding a stuck valve or something. Thankfully my truck uses the tv cable, so I haven't needed to set it at 80%.

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Right now I have it set at 60psi. I honestly can't remember if it was happening with the original ecm, or it started after the anteater install. I also plan on going through the valve body this weekend in hopes of finding a stuck valve or something. Thankfully my truck uses the tv cable, so I haven't needed to set it at 80%.
That may be part of your issue. Getting consistent shifts utilizing the TV cable was a no go. Idk if anybody had figured a way around it or not. Assuming that's why you get your 123 shift only when under heavy throttle.

That may be part of your issue. Getting consistent shifts utilizing the TV cable was a no go. Idk if anybody had figured a way around it or not. Assuming that's why you get your 123 shift only when under heavy throttle.
Well crap, at least I know now. Should I start at 45psi and go down? Guessing I should set the tv cable to 80% too?

Well crap, at least I know now. Should I start at 45psi and go down? Guessing I should set the tv cable to 80% too?

I'd leave your psi modifier, set your TV lever at 80. If that doesn't cut it then increase modifier by 5 until you get it.

I'd leave your psi modifier, set your TV lever at 80. If that doesn't cut it then increase modifier by 5 until you get it.

Well shoot. That fixed it. I zip tied the tv lever for now and went with 45psi. I really can't believe it was something so simple and stupid at the same time. Thank you for your help! I've literally been dealing with this for months and since winter passed, I decided to get back to it.

Well shoot. That fixed it. I zip tied the tv lever for now and went with 45psi. I really can't believe it was something so simple and stupid at the same time. Thank you for your help! I've literally been dealing with this for months and since winter passed, I decided to get back to it.

Glad I could help. I made up a permanent TV rod using a 1/4-28 rod end, all thread, and a shoulder bolt.

Glad I could help. I made up a permanent TV rod using a 1/4-28 rod end, all thread, and a shoulder bolt.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to need to find a better way at locking the tv in place. For now a zip tie shall hold lol. Thanks again man, I really appreciate it

I think I goofed my transducer or governor pressure solenoid. Truck is doing it again and I grabbed the laptop and it's reading 0-3 for the feedback psi. Not good.

Yeah sounds like it

Welp, I think my anteater has issues. I've put a few transducers in it already and they only last like 20 miles or so. Put a used transducer from a truck with 60k, that was driving fine, and now that one doesn't work too. Checked the harness and there's no issues with the wires. I even replaced the vb harness with no luck. 4 oem, 3 rostra grey backs and 2 regular rostras.

Welp, I think my anteater has issues. I've put a few transducers in it already and they only last like 20 miles or so. Put a used transducer from a truck with 60k, that was driving fine, and now that one doesn't work too. Checked the harness and there's no issues with the wires. I even replaced the vb harness with no luck. 4 oem, 3 rostra grey backs and 2 regular rostras.

Have you tried playing with you TV anymore? Mine was finicky to get right

Have you tried playing with you TV anymore? Mine was finicky to get right

Not really no, I put it at about 80% and then left it.
Would the wrong tv position cause transducers to go out? Cause they keep read 0psi or 0-3psi after the 20 or so mile mark

Not really no, I put it at about 80% and then left it.
Would the wrong tv position cause transducers to go out? Cause they keep read 0psi or 0-3psi after the 20 or so mile mark

Na I doubt it. This one's over my head man. The remote isn't flashing red and faulting out on you?

I'm not famialar with the brands you posted, have you tried the GM gov transducer upgrade? That's what I've ran in mine from day one with no issues. If this was anteater/harness related you'd be getting faults on the remote

I'm not famialar with the brands you posted, have you tried the GM gov transducer upgrade? That's what I've ran in mine from day one with no issues. If this was anteater/harness related you'd be getting faults on the remote

I was told the gm solenoid isn't a good fit with the transgo TFRE-PRO kit.

I think I might just find a used fmvb and use the ant eater to control lockup and 4th. I'm already manually shifting it now anyways.

Back