help with Common rail auto pulling

tryblue

Looking to get into pulling, have a stage 4 ats trans. what gears do you all pull in, and do you run your own lock up switch, what gear do you lock up! running 2 boxs, 100 inj. 150/150 intake/ exhaust. stock class.

i have a full billet hts. i just put it in drive lock the convertor in 2nd gear and let it go to 3rd

ok I might not have the horse for 3rd. might try 1st 2nd lock up and hold it. how did you wire in yours

theres a big write up on it over on cummins forum thats pretty good about how to wire it up or you could just do a search and probally find the in fo you are after its pretty simple. i think its pin 7 you tap on the trans and run a wire into the cab to a toggle and ground it basiclally

google mystery switch. ...You need a 33 ohm resitor..too. like he said good write up on cumminsforum. You could look at my posts. I had issues with mine last summer. There was a link in that thread. You'll need the smarty tnt 3500 tune or you'll be banging off the rev limiter in 2nd low..if u dont have it already

you can get away with 3.73's but i'd say you would need at least 550+ to do so and be ok with it

def need 410s to run drive with 35s,my 06 was 650+ and would not have handled 373s, but would spin out in 3rd on the tackiest track w/o unlocking the converter.

I shift mine manually to third and lock it in 2nd BD Diesel has a torque Loc box that work slick and you can set for certain speed for it to lock up the convertor, or manually with a switch.

def need 410s to run drive with 35s,my 06 was 650+ and would not have handled 373s, but would spin out in 3rd on the tackiest track w/o unlocking the converter.

i'm running 6 35's on my truck and have no problem running drive locked with 3.73's. it can be done it just takes some power.

tryblue: If your running 6 sts tires then you may want to look at billet shafts for the rest of your transmission. Those tires will bite hard and put a lot of strain on the drivetrain

google mystery switch. ...You need a 33 ohm resitor..too. like he said good write up on cumminsforum. You could look at my posts. I had issues with mine last summer. There was a link in that thread. You'll need the smarty tnt 3500 tune or you'll be banging off the rev limiter in 2nd low..if u dont have it already

Whats the resistor for. Just curious cause I have mine wired direct. I also have manual valve body and the truck was a 6 speed before so I basically have nothing electronic running the trans.

Whats the resistor for. Just curious cause I have mine wired direct. I also have manual valve body and the truck was a 6 speed before so I basically have nothing electronic running the trans.

I think dave goerend told me its to prevent a code.

i'm running 6 35's on my truck and have no problem running drive locked with 3.73's. it can be done it just takes some power.

tryblue: If your running 6 sts tires then you may want to look at billet shafts for the rest of your transmission. Those tires will bite hard and put a lot of strain on the drivetrain

Im takling about holding drive at the end w/o having to unlock,I know its been done,but takes a healthy truck to hold it til the wheels spin.

Can you spin out with the convertor locked?

Back