33's vs 35's

BullfrogJohnson

Black Smoke Junkie
I currently run 33x15.50x16 mtz's. I carry 4200rpm's down the track in 4th gear. I have zero issues spinning out with mtz's. I came across a deal on a new set of 315 bfg at's. I know my track speed will benefit from a 35, but I am worried about spinning out.

For those that run 35's how much more power does it take to run them successfully?

i run 6 35's with 3.73 gears but i'd say a guy would have to have 800+ hp to take advantage of that size of tire and stay on top of a bigger charger

I run the 315 bfg a/t's with 20psi front and 40-50psi in the rear. 875lbs hanging out front. With 3.55 gears, spooled front and rear gears, low 3rd in the 5 speed, i can let the clutch go at 5300 and it will pull me down to 3800 or so and then pick back up to about 4300. Im still working on dialing this in but am having trouble. I am running the 88/96 wheel and 1.32 housing on this charger. I just bumped the fuel up some more and waiting for friday to see if that helps on the rpm drop at all.

Long story short though, the tires freaking hook. You think you make power, put a set on.LOL

You won't have any problems with them. The more bite you can get into it the better! Once you get it to snuff out at the end just add more power.

I run 35" bfg at's. 4.10 gears, front and rear locked. On most tracks i have to unlock the converter to spin out in 4th, on a really loose track i can leave it locked. Gt4202 with 1.01

your truck hooked up good in Saluda with the 33's, Travis. Let me know if you are going to see your 33's.

Back