2006 dodge 3500 leveling kit

cerickson

fullpull108
I am in need of a new set of tires for the wifes 06 dually. I'm wanting to jump up in size. Wanting to go with 286 70r 17. With this size will I need a level kit on the front or will they fit? I dont want them to rub.
As it sits I'm not a fan of the leveling kit cause to me it makes the front sit to high when hooked to a trailer. I will level it if I have to squeeze the tires under the front.

With 285's am I going to need the 2" spacer in the rear. Reason I ask buddy says I should be able to put the 285 under it without spacers. I think they will be a bit close for comfort. I know alot of it depends on what tire I choose on how the side walls are.

Side note the truck doesn't tow heavy very often. Bout once a year. Usually just tugging our pontoon to the lake. So it wont have a real heavy load. Figured I would ask the people that could shed some light on the subject with first hand experience. Thanks in advance.

285’s will fit up front without a leveling kit, but the rears will want to rub on each other without a spacer.

IMO, a 1.5” spacer looks better on the rear with 285’s, but the downside to a 1.5” spacer is you will have to trim your studs. If trimming the studs is out, run a 2” spacer.

Double check outer wheel to stud clearance even with the 2” spacer as I have had a few studs that needed part of the pilot cut off to keep them from hitting the backside of the outer wheel.

285’s will fit up front without a leveling kit, but the rears will want to rub on each other without a spacer.

IMO, a 1.5” spacer looks better on the rear with 285’s, but the downside to a 1.5” spacer is you will have to trim your studs. If trimming the studs is out, run a 2” spacer.

Double check outer wheel to stud clearance even with the 2” spacer as I have had a few studs that needed part of the pilot cut off to keep them from hitting the backside of the outer wheel.

Figured I would just go with the 2" to avoid the cutting of the studs. Pretty much my wifes pavement princess.

My brother's ram 3500 dually has american force wheels with some 285's. No leveling kit. He just added 2" spacers and there's plenty of room between the tires.

Last edited:
Back