Using the stock return lines with 150/180

npccpartsman

I have an ITP regulated return system installed on my 04 F250. Balancing the pressures between the FASS and the ITP can be quite a problem in order to get a return flow back through both. Is there a problem with capping the return on the FASS and using the return regulator on the ITP to regulate flow back to the tank through the stock return lines?

npccpartsman said:
I have an ITP regulated return system installed on my 04 F250. Balancing the pressures between the FASS and the ITP can be quite a problem in order to get a return flow back through both. Is there a problem with capping the return on the FASS and using the return regulator on the ITP to regulate flow back to the tank through the stock return lines?

Yes....the FASS will not function correctly if you do this...and you just turned it into a $600+ HPFP. What i tell folks with regulated return systems is to ditch the regulator at the head. Instead use a flow control valve with a on way flapper valve to regulate the flow going back to the tank to just enough for our system to get enough resistance to return flow. You can fine flow control valves and flapper valves at pretty much any hydraulic supply.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I relayed the message on to the concerned party. He has a new FASS that supposedly has the 55 psi spring and is only getting 40 psi max. I told him to contact you about getting the correct spring or sending in the unit and getting it replaced.

Back