Scanners whats needed?

The new Mac Tools scanners are really nice and much cheaper then the Snap-ons, might be worth checking out.

I clicked the link, and didn't see any description of it's capabilities. Just a list of hardware included for that price.
Anybody know what capabilities that Mac scanner has ? Injector kill, contribution test, trans relearn, etc ?

Ebay is the place to buy one, no sticker shock like off the truck. You can usually find them with the newest software to.

Looking at the mac scout

Talked to my Mac guy, said absolutely no problem will do any and all functions for any light duty diesel with standard software. Also does HD diesel with added software, ~$800 I think he said for that. He said depending on what you wanna spend, you may want to look into the Launch as well, as he states the extra 1k is a really great investment for what you get.

Edit: Of course he says that theses scanners outperform Snap-ons in every way for a way cheaper price. But i tend to believe him, as my friend who owns a very successful repair shop sold all his Snap-ons a month after getting a Mac to try, and replaced them all with Launches.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that a snap on up date is expensive as ****, if you plan to ever use it on brand new vehicles. I have a snap on solus ultra ( a couple years old) and like it a lot. I can't use it on any of my 3.2 powerchokes or 2013 and up sprinters because I refuse to pay the price for the update. I'm probably going to get a different brand scanner that has cheaper updates.

Back