Question

SHughes

Too much is never enough!
I'm not having any problems with my DF-200, but recently I have noticed something a little odd to me...

I have the pump running at a bout 30psi and it has no problems keeping up with demand, but at times (not consistently) while idling through a parking lot or out of the driveway, the pump will change tone and the pressure will drop about 3-4 psi, just barely enough to see on the gauge. It only stays there briefly then comes back up. Once I give it the slightest throttle input, pressure comes back up to 30 and stays. Only time the needle ever moves from 30psi is at idle. The filters were changed over the summer, and it could simply be the cold weather.

Is this anything I should be concerned with???

Mine does the same thing, and I dont have a grid heater.

I can't remember if mine was doing it before I put the heater grid back in or not...but it makes enough sense to me. Since I have a gasser dash and it doesn't have the wait to tart light, I go by the pitch of the AD.

And Anthony, Mine is a 99 p-pumped 24v.

get a digital volt gauge (even in a cigarete lighter port) i would bet something is taking power, maybe an electric radiator or trans cooler fan, ac compressor (they do run when the defrost is on in winter)

Back