Well, I now know how much I like my truck

partsguy662

You know damm right
I had the day off today, but I had to help my dad with something this morning. This afternoon was mine to do as I pleased. Well, as most of you already know, a black vehicle ALWAYS needs attention unless you store it in an air capsule and never move it. So, at 1pm I started on the truck. After a complete wash job and dry I grabbed the clay. Clayed the entire truck. Got the clay residue cleaned off. Grabbed my two buffers (1 for small areas, 1 for large panels), and the compound. Proceeded to buff the entire truck. Next, it was on to the NXT polish (Meguiars) Apply that and remove. Cleaned the windows and any polish/compound residue off of the trim.
10:30 pm.. I call it a night..
Tomorrow night, a final wipe down with some mist n shine...:)

Jacked up crew cab?? :umno:
Dude, my truck is just an extended cab.....and that was a pain in the tail...

partsguy662 said:
I had the day off today, but I had to help my dad with something this morning. This afternoon was mine to do as I pleased. Well, as most of you already know, a black vehicle ALWAYS needs attention unless you store it in an air capsule and never move it. So, at 1pm I started on the truck. After a complete wash job and dry I grabbed the clay. Clayed the entire truck. Got the clay residue cleaned off. Grabbed my two buffers (1 for small areas, 1 for large panels), and the compound. Proceeded to buff the entire truck. Next, it was on to the NXT polish (Meguiars) Apply that and remove. Cleaned the windows and any polish/compound residue off of the trim.

:aiwebs_016: :Throwup:

partsguy662 said:

I love those two day detailing jobs.
The last time I went all out I did the 3 step Mothers system: cleaner, polish and wax. I started on sat afternoon and finished sunday afternoon.
Monday I woke up to rain. :bang

Here's how it came out.....Black is the most rewarding color to detail, bar none :)

Attachments

• Image007 (Custom).jpg
    Image007 (Custom).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Image008 (Custom).jpg
    Image008 (Custom).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Image009 (Custom).jpg
    Image009 (Custom).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Image010 (Custom).jpg
    Image010 (Custom).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 70
I feel you're pain my CTD is black and I just spent two afternoons with micro finishing compound. After that i went to the mequires gold class liquid wax. Got all the swirl marks out and two days later the dust was about an inch thick and had to wash it again. I Love black for about two hours then i hate it:dead-horse-fast2:

partsguy662 said:
Cleaned the windows and any polish/compound residue off of the trim.

partsguy662, what do you use to take the polish / compund off of the trim. That is the only part I hate about waxing is trying to get that crap off of the black plastic trim.

Call me Scott....:) (The women call me coffee because I grind so fine LOL)

There are a few products that seem to work very temporarily. (Black again, back to black, etc) Also, a brush with some laquer thinner works too, but that's also quite tedious.
NOW, what I use. (And yes, I'm being serious about this)
Go into your cupboard and get your jar of peanut butter. Creamy works best. apply some to the trim that has the wax on it. Allow it to sit for a few minutes (and kick the dog away from it when he tries to lick it off LOL)
Now, wipe it off with a towel, wash the trim (or the whole truck), and apply your favorite protectant to the trim you cleaned...:)

I'm not gonna ask how you figured that one out Coffee LOL
I'll assume that you were eating a PB and J and walked into your truck LOL

Back