What you guys running for rods in the LLY engines?

Wade just can't resist dropping little racial slurs.
It takes just as many button clicks to ban him as it does to clean up his bs...guess which buttons I clicked...

Simon

We have not had any issues with bearings in our race engines; they are checked once per season, no girdle, no internal balance. Believe it or not we use just a well setup block with main studs and a good balance job using the stock damper. We do replace the damper about once a year or whenever the rubber starts to look bad. We have had one crankshaft crack after three seasons of racing it but if you race, that is expected. We tear the engines down every season and the crankshaft is crack checked "

I never ran a girdle, I never did a internal balance

This time I will be running a girdle and hard block the lower part of the block

How are you getting away with using a stock dampner on a race motor?

No one have ever asked at the track and they all look the same once painted black. The truth is for us we've broken plenty of parts along the way so when something is not breaking we do not fix it. Make sure to do the hard block properly or you will have your hands full with a Duramax block. BTW it does work well when done right as we've been running it for 6 years now

A top fuel car replaces the AL. rods every 20 passes, an alcohol car every 20 - 40 passes and a good running diesel on NOS has cylinder pressure numbers in the same range as a Top fuel car.

You said a good running diesel and Wade in the same post.....:umno:

How long is he gone for?
Chris

Cryo treating is an option too but idk how much that would help. Ofcourse it would be a piece of mind, but for what dollar amount? Who knows.

I know. Local shop will do it for 3-4 bucks a pound depending on how many you give them quantity discount, and if you can wait for them to fill up the cryo machine.

Wade just can't resist dropping little racial slurs.
It takes just as many button clicks to ban him as it does to clean up his bs...guess which buttons I clicked...

why? im bored and like reading wades knowledge on life?

I really hate how all of these threads get cleaned up and banned members. Heck ban them from the forum except for the thread they are in. Its good sunday night entertainment.

These were my cut stockers after 8k and 8-900 H.P.,,, Truck still ran OK untill the Crank broke:doh:

BrokecrankLLY4.jpg

BrokecrankLLY5.jpg

I will be going with Aria's this time around...

Curious on how much timing you running? Looks to me that you running to much timing and the injector is firing outside of the bowl.

Back