Best Oil for High HP 06 Cummins 2500

oils oil..rotella..delvac ...mobil..just use any cheap ass spec oil from wally place..lol ..oils oil

After reviewing thousands of oil analysis results over the last 20+ years, I couldn’t possibly disagree with this statement any more. I don’t even know where to start so I’ll just leave it at that.

yall really think the shops..oil change places and half the crooked stealerships are using anything other than the cheapest crap they can dump in there..otherwise yer dreamers. lucky if they use spec oil even..maybe the dealer..but i doubt even that

yall really think the shops..oil change places and half the crooked stealerships are using anything other than the cheapest crap they can dump in there..otherwise yer dreamers. lucky if they use spec oil even..maybe the dealer..but i doubt even that
Just because that may be common practice, doesn't mean that all oils are the same.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

true jake..but...if yer the avg american douche that never opens the hood..tows yer rv from canada 4 times a yr..and never changed oil in yer life..yer still gonna get more miles out of a diesel enging than the rest of the truck is up to. ignorance is bliss....

we are all just too dang smart for our own good...see what happens when ya get educated...

I recently bought 2 barrels of the prior high zinc Rotella and considering the chances are your truck will be primarily a daily driver just keep regular 15w40 and run added zinc.

If racing then 20w50 and change more frequently.

Agree with Rotella 15w40 with zinc for pretty much any build unless a dedicated competition truck. I would only use 20w50 if your build has the correct clearances and oiling/warm-up processes.

I’ve brought my Rotella to work and ran it through the lab against some of the stuff we blend. For a truck that gets driven take your pick between the top brands that are sold at Wal mart and choose an interval based on your driving style and conditions.

If you want to waste some time and really dive into this, go to Bob is the Oil Guy.com and send your oil off for analysis and spend 2 times as much on oil. Your truck probably won’t last any longer but you might feel better at night haha.

Application of the truck is the first order? What is it you are doing with the truck? Oil is not just oil. If you don’t have specs on the engine then weight of oil cannot really be determined. If you are not too worried about the costs, cenpeco racing oil with appropriate levels of fr3 gets my vote. All my 4+ digit builds get that. Otherwise as suggested parts store diesel oil with zinc additive and then a stabilizer to help aid with neutralizing acidic breakdown.

Last edited:
he likely hood of wearing out one of these is remote..im with bateman....i do use the spec synthetic in my 2020..only cause of the cam issues ive heard of...but..in the other 2 i use delvac 1300 and wouldnt hesitate to use it in the new truck either...if it didnt have a 100k warranty

he likely hood of wearing out one of these is remote..im with bateman....i do use the spec synthetic in my 2020..only cause of the cam issues ive heard of...but..in the other 2 i use delvac 1300 and wouldnt hesitate to use it in the new truck either...if it didnt have a 100k warranty

It just took me way too long to translate that. LOL

My daughter and I have to use the Hee Haw voice recognition software or auto-correct gets us everytime.

Lmao. I read it fine myself.

I’ll brush up on the Florida speak next weekend when I’m down there.

Back