Brake locks???

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Yall know I was thinkin the other day, (Scary aint it...:hehe: ) Just as an extra safe guard whle loading any trailer. I have see on wreckers that they have a valve they can shift inside the truck that will Lock the brakes down when they leave the rig running. I was thinkin about somthin like this for my rig, Just as a extra precaution. Do any of yall know where a fella could find one of these kits, or what there even called?? Thatks for yalls help.
Fireman450

B.A.Ram said:
Wouldn't it require air brakes?

Well I have seen these systms on 1 ton wreckers, when You push your brake pedal down it Locks your master cylinder somehow.. Im not real sure how it is susposed to work...

What about putting some kind of hook or something under the dash or on the floor that will hold the brake pedal down by itself? Might be cheaper...

It's called a "mico" brake lock, it is a electric solonoid that holds brake pedal pressure in the system. Just as he said, you push the brake, and then flip the toggle switch, and you then have a parking brake. I'm gonna look into this system as well because I am having problems with my E-brake on my 550...I'll post what I find:Cheer:

04 MT said:
It's called a "mico" brake lock, it is a electric solonoid that holds brake pedal pressure in the system. Just as he said, you push the brake, and then flip the toggle switch, and you then have a parking brake. I'm gonna look into this system as well because I am having problems with my E-brake on my 550...I'll post what I find:Cheer:
Thats It... Yes please do that I dont trust my e brake either and dont really like leaving it in gear too much, & I dont always have another foot to hold the brakes for me... Thanks.

try this link:http://tsmmfg.com/mico_hydraulic_brake_lock.htm For around $350, I think I'm gonna try it. I have a pto pump on the 550, so I need to keep the truck running all the time and over the years, my E brake just isnt as good as it used to be! They have a mico brake that will automatically turn on when the pto is active, but it's about a $1000

Back