Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Extreme Engine Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #21
fatgraderman

Name: fatgraderman
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
To me the big differences are the dynamic timing and pilot. You don't have to have the engine fighting itself with long ignition delay before TDC at low loads and you can literally adjust timing as far as you want to compensate for loads, rpms, temp and so on. Just no comparison in drivability and cleanliness. On the flip side, I'd love to do a STORM 12v into older (late 50's) Power Wagon with HX40 & HT60 just because of the value and cool factor.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:26 AM   #22
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
So far, so good. I had speculated that on the extreme end of fueling, so much fuel is going in you may as well just spend less than a third on the mechanical injection and be happy.

Anything other than that, and as long as you have the coin, common rail is a better choice.

Closed Thread