P-pumping everything lol

Bodacious

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Hey all,

I wanted to get some opinions on Ppumping a duramax and a powerstroke. We plan to get up near the 2000HP limit with these engines so any help I can get from you all, I would appreciate it.

They must be iron blocks to run in the classes I have in mind.

Thanks,

Arch Stalnaker
Stalnaker Racing Stables

There's some threads around here. Follow the threads, and you'll find the brain power....

*whispers*

supersonic

I seem to remember a guy that was big puller. He had p-pumped an old 7.3 navistar engine in a 1-ton Ford. Completely custom setup. I'll see if I can dig up the name of that truck.

Check this out. This is one of several p-pumped 7.3 idi out there. Lunatic Fringe 1500hp Power Stroke - YouTube

Thanks for the link. I think there is a fella on here with a mustang that has p-pumped 7.3. I'm pretty sure I was told the 7.3 was lighter than the 6.0 or the 6.4. What about the 6.7 reverse flow? Would it be as light as the 7.3?

We have a core 6.7 here we have been looking at. With the reverse flow, I'm not sure you could keep the pump cool. You would dang near have to belt drive something off to the side or up higher in the intake (now exhaust) valley.

Unlimited diesel in Bremen Ohio is putting a truck together with one. Just had a video of the first startup a week or so back on facebook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Double Overtime. I think towardss the end he was struggling keeping the blocks together. Seemed to do ok around the 2000HP mark, running triples seemed to be a bit much.

You are correct. I saw him at the FASS Nationals in Indy.

Back