Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:29 AM   #1
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
2008 with efi not able to change tunes

I bought a 08 that's deleted with the small efi box and harness in the glove box from hardway. The old guy I bought it from had a shop do the work and didnt know anything about it. The truck runs awesome but you have to be carefull about being rude with the smoke, I've been turning down the tunes one day at a time and now running it on stock and it runs the exact same. I have a dtc code of ecm po11 also. Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong on my end before I call in again. Thanks Jason

Old 03-02-2017, 08:41 AM   #2
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
Does it have a Switch hooked to the OBD port?

When you say "turning down" are you physically hooking the AutoCal to the truck and reprogramming it?

Is the Code a P 0011?

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 03-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
No switch just obd port, it has 5 preset tunes 1stock 2tow 3, 4, and 5. I called in to hardway and they walked me through the procedure on the phone and I first went down to the 3 setting (street), then to 2 (tow) without any difference. I'm now on 1 (stock) and it runs the exact same, smokes like hell over half throttle.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
Probably yes on the code p 0011, just what I remembered from looking at it yesterday.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #5
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
I've been driving 12valves since 99, my old work truck was an 04 that stayed stock. This one is new to me and I don't know what I'm doing with it.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #6
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
Some of these Goons love a good smokey tune? May need to send the tunes to Hardway to make sure what the tunes are.

Verify that code, that may be the main reason?

P0011 A Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)
P0110 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction
P0111 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Range/Performance Problem

if it is a P 0011 that is a code I've never seen.

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 03-02-2017, 09:30 AM   #7
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
Just checked its p0111

Old 03-02-2017, 09:36 AM   #8
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
P0111-INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE (IAT) SENSOR RATIONALITY
For a complete wiring diagram Refer to Section 8W.

When Monitored:
While the engine is running.

Set Condition:
The ECM does not read a change in value from the sensor over time.

Possible Causes
FAILED IAT SENSOR
INTERMITTENT CONDITION

Always perform the Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding. (Refer to 9 - ENGINE - DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING)

Diagnostic Test
1. FAILED IAT SENSOR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remove the temperature sensor and reconnect the wiring to the sensor. Monitor scan tool, while heating the sensor with an external heat source (DO NOT USE OPEN FLAME).

Does the reading from the sensor increase at least 5 degrees F. on the scan tool?

Yes
Refer to the INTERMITTENT CONDITION Symptom (Diagnostic Procedure). (Refer to 9 - ENGINE - DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING)
Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL). (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULES/ENGINE CONTROL MODULE - DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING)

No
Replace the Intake air temp sensor/MAP sensor.
Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 1 (DIESEL). (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULES/ENGINE CONTROL MODULE - DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING)

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 03-02-2017, 09:37 AM   #9
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
I'll stick with sending the tunes to Hardway for verification

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 03-02-2017, 09:39 AM   #10
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
Will do, thanks for the help.

Closed Thread