Bigger mechanical injection pump

J-Pipes

Neighbor pulled this pump off an 8.3 his boss was scrapping, said he'd took the whole motor if it wasn't so buried. He has a 12v and an p-pump 24v, was wondering if he could run this bigger pump for more power. Told him I'd check with you guys.
385f9d9b6008c481509c079005f28f4e.jpg
Guess I only have the one picture, he said the engine came out of a garbage truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The pain in the neck about 8.3 pumps, the have a O-ring in the mounting face and a oil galley that goes into the front cover to feed oil to them. I don't believe I've seen one that has a side oil port like a 5.9 pump does.

It probably would need to be torn down, drilled, tapped, and plugged to use it on a 5.9.

Ok, I'll let him know. Think he just saw the larger physical size and made the leap in his head that it's bigger inside too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

As I recall some 8.3 pumps have smaller plungers, as well as a lazy cam. I know mine made less power than the 160hp pump it replaced.

You can block the front feed port with a plug of some sort (lead shot, ball bearing, etc) and then drill and tap for side oil feed. Make sure to put a very small restriction on the feed. This isn't a super good option, but if it was free.. Ive run one for years just fine.

Back