Sleeves 6.7

1000orbust

Is there anyone with knowledge of sleeving a stock 6.7 "4.21" bore into a high hp application that is willing to share their experience? I'm building a high horsepower ( around 1200hp on fuel) engine that currently has a stock honed 6.7 bore and I'm I'm debating on going with sleeves or not. Pistons are already ordered so it must be a stock bore. The question is, what's stronger, a stock bore left alone or a 2part cylinder wall that has been bored out to anywhere from .070-.120" and filled with a quality sleeve. I have been looking for info and have found some but I figured I'd start my own thread on it.

Last edited:
I would think that would depend on what the thickness of the sleeve is and what type of alloy the sleeve is made from. Then you also have to factor in the chance of a machining issue causing problems.

There's already a thread on this. I thought the general concencus was that the material taken out of the cylinders for the liners makes the block itself weaker?

There's already a thread on this. I thought the general concencus was that the material taken out of the cylinders for the liners makes the block itself weaker?

That depends on who you talk to and how it's done. Deckplate is a whole different story...

I may have been reading the one about boring a 6.7, I couldn't find anything in sleeving all 6, just sleeping one cylinder.

Like sledpuller said, it's also on who you ask. Are you doing a deck plate of just asking about sleeving?

Is there anyone with knowledge of sleeving a stock 6.7 "4.21" bore into a high hp application that is willing to share their experience? I'm building a high horsepower ( around 1200hp on fuel) engine that currently has a stock honed 6.7 bore and I'm I'm debating on going with sleeves or not. Pistons are already ordered so it must be a stock bore. The question is, what's stronger, a stock bore left alone or a 2part cylinder wall that has been bored out to anywhere from .070-.120" and filled with a quality sleeve. I have been looking for info and have found some but I figured I'd start my own thread on it.

If you want to keep a stock bore size I wouldn't sleeve the block without a deck plate. Even with .125 wall thickness sleeves the block will crack between the cylinders. Good sleeves will hold but you will have problems keeping them round once the cracks start.

Back