Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Engineered Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
450rbronco

Name: 450rbronco
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
63/68/.88 vs 68/73/.83

can you tell me the differences in these two turbo sizes . i know everyone has been gobbling up the 63/68/14 and thats what i planned on running with whats in my sig. but other night i was talking with a guy and he reccomended the 63/73/.83 turbo setup said that it was better. cant seem to find any info on this "custom" turbo didnt know if you could tell me pros and cons

Old 11-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
OrangeNV

Name: OrangeNV
Title: BISH please
Member`s Gallery
One will spool slightly faster than the other.....the bigger turbine will make power at a different rpm range...

The same amount of air is going to come out of them both, one will accept more fuel, the smaller one will tow better
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Nothing is quite as exciting as bare-backing a ginger crack wh0re that is famous.
MUMAU
RAM BOYZ
KEYSTONE
MANNING

Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
carfichris

Name: carfichris
Title: CNC'ing my life away
Member`s Gallery
Travis, how do you plan to use the truck? What future mods are you planning? Im responding from my phone, might be easier to text me your responses. 616-608-2977. Chris

Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
450rbronco

Name: 450rbronco
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
i plan to use the truck mainly for daily driving and play . the only time i really tow is just a single car trailer with my eraly bronco on it through the pa hills.
i was also considerign the super b sepcial because of the extended tip on the compressor i am told it will spool like a smaller turbo. figured with the special i would have room to grow. but as for the 63s wasnt sure what the pros and cons of each would be. as for mods prolly an arson iii kit a 2nd gen manifold and not really planning on injectors but if i do either a 50 70 or maybe 90 .

Closed Thread