Anyone have an idea of what happened here.

Is that a crack the arrow’s pointing at? What are the lines circled in yellow?

Looks like pieces of the blade circled in green broke off and hit the inside of the housing causing the dings circled in red.

Is that a crack the arrow’s pointing at? What are the lines circled in yellow?

Looks like pieces of the blade circled in green broke off and hit the inside of the housing causing the dings circled in red.

Unless he recently changed the picture, I'm not seeing any colors :what:

Not sure what your talking about big papa? It has a crack in the housing wheel is chewed up and there is stuff inbeded in the inlet. Looks like aluminum imbeded from wheel. Where the crack is you can see it has gotten into the sides of the fins like it pulled it in while spinning. Its had a filter on it and all clamps were good and tight so not sure how i got debri in there. I wonder if the crack didnt do this cuz if it pulled it in hit the wheel that would make the debri.its a 68mm from taterbilt.

Took my intake off to find this always had a filter on and its only 4 months old View attachment 73145

Definitely debris. Crack is constituent damage. Exactly what intake are you running? Debris often hides in the connections(between the rubber connector and the tube) and you would never know it. Any time I've had an intake off and laying around for any length of time I always completely disassemble it to make sure nothing found it's way in.

It still has stock box with wix filter. I cleaned everything really good. Im bummed i cant afford another turbo right now and its my daily driver.

Ha, forgot to attach my doctored pic...

Sorry, gentlemen.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 30F2DB5E-95A3-4C1A-99AE-1C8FE181CB2F.jpeg
    30F2DB5E-95A3-4C1A-99AE-1C8FE181CB2F.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 0
There was another taterbilt that self destructed just like this on Facebook a few weeks back. Whether it's related or not idk

There was another taterbilt that self destructed just like this on Facebook a few weeks back. Whether it's related or not idk

This one didn't self destruct. There was debris introduced into the intake one way or another. No doubt about it.

I just hope he will help me out with it. Things happen i just dont really have the extra cash to buy another or i would go with a 476.

In the picture where big papa has the arrow is a crack. i touched it and it moved inword toward the wheel. Fins are mangled on sides also like it rubbed on it where the crack is.

All i know is whatever happened isnt going to undo itself and im effed. Really sucks. Was going to sell it to my father and get a 476 but thats out of the question.

Back