Affordable Data Logger???

Tcolesanti

ALL NIGHTER
I would like to get an affordable data logger for the truck, Corsa is a little ways out of my price range, anyone running anything more affordable, but still a decent product? Also, I don't need 75 channels either.

-Tom

I'm cheap too

Here are my data loggers.

loggers.jpg

Several have used RPM with good results Tom

We would be interested in a system like Tom is talking about as well.

Contact TS or EEP. Both have a very affordable unit available.

I looked at the ones on www.rpmperf.com that I saw in diesel power's last issue. Something like $400 and change for the 12 channel. Not bad, but I'd like the 12 channel for about $200. I'm a tight a**.

rpmpro-screenshot.jpg

Seems like you could buy a PMCIA data card from someone like National Instruments and just plug it into a lap top cheaper, but then you'd have to have the computer hooked up whenever you logged data so maybe that wouldn't work.

Last edited:
We use a RPM Perforformance datalogger on our tractor, I have used a couple other brands of loggers, But the RPM is the easiest to use the software.
The RPM is the best bang for the buck and Randy's service is second to none!!!!

Tommy,
Stick a cheapy video camera in the truck to video the gauges during the pull.

I have had the hardest time looking at any other gauges in the truck other than the tach. Its like a huge mental block.

-Tom

4x4dually said:
I looked at the ones on www.rpmperf.com that I saw in diesel power's last issue. Something like $400 and change for the 12 channel. Not bad, but I'd like the 12 channel for about $200. I'm a tight a**.

Seems like you could buy a PMCIA data card from someone like National Instruments and just plug it into a lap top cheaper, but then you'd have to have the computer hooked up whenever you logged data so maybe that wouldn't work.

Tried the PCMCIA card thing- B&B Electronics 232SDA12

I spent a few days writing a datalogging application and gave up. I think the rpmperf logger will do for me. Now I have to find something to sell to afford it. :doh:

brandon.

i am a lil slow on this, put how does it monitor clutch slip?

It has an RPM pickup (sensor) on the motor and another pick up(sensor) on the driveshaft, if there is a difference between the two (other than gear ratio) you have clutch slippage.

-Tom

If you could get a pick up on the input shaft it could be done.

I copied and pasted from their website for you House.

I really think I need this again.

Data Loggers

A good, hi speed data logger will provide a wealth of information that will improve your ability to get the most from your car. You will be surprised just how much you can learn about your car in a short time. The information provided by the data logger takes the guesswork out of tuning and setup. The time it takes to identify and correct difficult problems is drastically reduced. Often, the problems can be identified in the first pass.

12 Channel Data Logger

PN DL10 $434.50
(Pro Software Included)
The DL10 Data Logger is our base model that offers 12 channels in a compact aluminum package. Easily upgradeable to 20 or 28 channels, it's the perfect starting point for the racer that wants a basic data logging system to build on. It's small size allows mounting in many locations.

3 RPM CHANNELS, Engine, Clutch, Driveline or Wheel Speed
1 ACCELEROMETER CHANNEL, Forward G Meter
4 ANALOG CHANNELS, Pressures, temps, position, Lateral G Meter, etc.
3 DIGITAL CHANNELS, WOT, N2O Stages, etc.
1 BATTERY VOLTAGE CHANNEL (Internal)

Last edited:
This system looks good. Pricey. In my way of thinking I only need 2 egt probes (one for each bank) and no Accelerometer.

I could log EGTs for both banks, crank rpm, driveshaft rpm, drive pressure, boost pressure, fuel pressure from lift pump, and intake temp. Sounds good to me

TURBO SYSTEM
$2201.40 Complete

Includes:

RPM PRO Software
DL10 Data Logger with 8 EGT expansion module
8 3/16” EGT probes with fittings
2 EGT connector boxes
1 Hall sensor
1 Pinion Collar, 4 magnet
1 0-100 PSI Sensor (Boost)
1 0-250 PSI Sensor (Oil)
1 0-250 PSI Sensor (Fuel)
1 0-300 DegF Sensor (Intake temp)
1 0-5G Accelerometer

Remote start cable and switch

All sensor cables

Don't get fooled by this cheap "intro" level data acquisition systems. By the time you add EGTs, a boost sensor that will do more than 30psi and a tach sensor you are in the $3k range again.

TS Performance is working on one and it is in several trucks for user feedback. i can send you software pic's went i get home.

joeservo said:
Don't get fooled by this cheap "intro" level data acquisition systems. By the time you add EGTs, a boost sensor that will do more than 30psi and a tach sensor you are in the $3k range again.

TS Performance is working on one and it is in several trucks for user feedback. i can send you software pic's went i get home.

TURBO SYSTEM
$2201.40 Complete Includes:RPM PRO Software

DL10 Data Logger with 8 EGT expansion module

8 3/16” EGT probes with fittings

2 EGT connector boxes

1 Hall sensor

1 Pinion Collar, 4 magnet

1 0-100 PSI Sensor (Boost)

1 0-250 PSI Sensor (Oil) I would use this for compressor in (drive Pressure )

1 0-250 PSI Sensor (Fuel)

1 0-300 DegF Sensor (Intake temp) I would use this for rail pressure on a CR

1 0-5G Accelerometer

Remote start cable and switch

All sensor cables

Delete the Accelerometer $200 s o deduct that and you have a system that is around $2000 the difference in a 30 psi sensor and a 1500 psi sensor is 19 dollars

Pressure / Vacuum Accessories

DPV30 3 - 30 PSI Absolute (MAP or Vacuum) $89.00
DP50 0 - 50 PSI Sensor $107.80
DP100 0 - 100 PSI Sensor $107.80
DP200 0 - 200 PSI Sensor $107.80
DP500 0 - 500 PSI Sensor $107.80
DP1500 0 - 1500 PSI Sensor $107.80

Dennis and a datalogger? Gotta get my hands on that! C'mon Dennis!

bradnon.