Volvo Semi 107 MPH Trap @ 15,870lbs

Timebomb

Bootney Lee Fonsworth
As some may or may not know, I work for Volvo Powertrain North America as a mechanic in Product Development or E&R as some call it. Waiting on a video of the runs but our Volvo truck we built from scrap stuff at work went a weak 15.?? @ 107mph and backed it up with another 107mph pass. 3.3 60' times were not helping our ET goals of 13's...LOL. We will be working on them. Our previous best with 2 axles and 18,500 lbs was 14.69 @ 99mph Engine is a dual VGT turbo 16L with 3.5 LPM sticks, Penta marine cam and an engineer screwing with the ECU. We drive it to and from the track and other then take off its darn near smoke free. Just thought Id share this.

2-1.jpg

That is sweet! Definitely not your average truck under the hood.

What kind of tranny are yall running?

Allison 6 speed Auto

thats 1300hp to the tires..

Ill let you know what it will do on an engine dyno as soon as we get the twin to the engine in the Volvo Chassie complete. Its near complete just need to work it into a water load dyno cell when we have time. Kinda busy with 20 cells running 24/7. With some of the brass seeing this run at a Volvo sponsored track rental/drag race we are hoping for some funding as most work was done off the clock and with scrap parts. This is just the begining....

would really like to help you in the valverain dept.

Email me if you are ever interested.

Zach

That is ****ing awesome!!:rockwoot:. Ive always loved Volvo diesels.

Vids would be very cool sir.

Thanks.

That is soooo badass! Interesting too, because I was driving next to a semi today and was wondering if anyone built one to go fast! Awesome work, hopefully you land some sponsors.

That is awesome. I am going to have to watch this in person some time.

Back