secondary p7100 fuel inlet?

12VALVETQ

like the title says. is there a secondary fuel inlet on the 7100?? I am installing a mechanical pump and would like to find another inlet rather than share the primary inlet.

thanks WUnderwood, i looked through all of the links attached, but still cant find what i am looking for.

If you go to the Sponsor Forums and click on Rob's Diesel, you should find a pic on how his dual feed line goes on the pump. There is a plug at the front of the pump you can remove for a 2nd inlet.

all pumps have the cast bosses for multiple delivery/return lines. Only on some you get lucky and the un-used ports are drilled/tapped and plugged.

Worst case scenario you may have to pull the pump to drill/tap it for another feed/return

Here's a picture of my new pump with the secondary fuel inlet. My other pump uses the port in the front of the pump(you can see the hex head plug just down from the top of the pump) for the second supply pump, but the pump builder prefered the method shown in the picture. Linkage bracket needs to be modified because the boss used for fuel is the same one the linkage bracket bolts to. Seems to work fine with 2 bolts.

Attachments

• larch 001.jpg
    larch 001.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 0
Here's a picture of my new pump with the secondary fuel inlet. My other pump uses the port in the front of the pump(you can see the hex head plug just down from the top of the pump) for the second supply pump, but the pump builder prefered the method shown in the picture. Linkage bracket needs to be modified because the boss used for fuel is the same one the linkage bracket bolts to. Seems to work fine with 2 bolts.
Did he say why he liked that inlet better?

Are you using a Fuel Boss for your second supply pump?

Are you using a Fuel Boss for your second supply pump?

The stock piston pump feeds the back port and a 200gph FASS feeds the front one. I'll be using a Waterman mechanical shortly.

BSmith.
He just said he preferred it plumbed this way and since he had to take it apart, it was no problem to drill and tap the hole.

The stock piston pump feeds the back port and a 200gph FASS feeds the front one. I'll be using a Waterman mechanical shortly.

BSmith.
He just said he preferred it plumbed this way and since he had to take it apart, it was no problem to drill and tap the hole.

thanks Ron, that is exactly what i was looking for.

The used CDS pump I bought off here had a second inlet on the opposite side (engine side) of the factory inlet. Its blocked off currently, but I plan to dual feed it that way eventually.