Starter

BtsNhoS

I need a truck
Couldnt get my truck to fire up, it just clicked but nothing else so I checked the solenoid, the relays etc. and decided it was something with the starter and it was probably the contacts. I got some from Larry B and this morning I pulled the starter off and opened it up but the contacts werent that bad. They were a little burnt but that was all, they still had their proper size and shape so im thinking its not them. I put the new ones on but i noticed that one of the wires inside the starter is disconnected from its bolt. Im not sure exactly what the wire is for or goes to, possibly a ground? So my question is; what is this wire and where does it lead to, is it ok to solder this wire back to the bolt its supposed to be connected to and could this possibly be the reason the truck wont start? thanks guys i got a couple pictures of everything to clear it up if needed. :Cheer:

Last edited:
your pic is out of focus. can't see a wire in it anywhere. might have to get someone to check it out.

ya i got a ****ty flip phone, ill take some with my wifes iPhone maybe those will turn out better, the wire goes to and from the bolt in the picture, its a really small gauge. ill get more pics here soon

well i think the bolt is the trigger wire, im going to try soldering it tomorrow afternoon and see if that helps

soldered it this afternoon and got it installed, she fired right up, but i hear a click every couple minutes or so, i hope its not a big deal but it sounds like the plunger clicking inside the starter

Back