s467.7 FMW

RED_SLED

i have the chance to pick up a brand new s467/83/.9 turbo for extremely cheap. i was wondering what are yalls thoughts on how it will perform on my current setup? how much more laggy than my 66? how much boost would it make in my setup? all help is valued.

It's a good charger, but what is extremely cheap?

What size exhaust housing is on your 66?

I plan on pickin one up soon for this 12v I just bought. What is considered cheap?

That is a red flag for sure. Any details why this one is that cheap brand new?

Agreed ^^^

Considering that charger is about the hottest thing in the diesel world right now I don't see why someone would take a loss on it... could sell that thing all day new to somebody for a grand

my buddy bought it new a few months ago and it has sat on a shelf in his shop since he bought it. he is going compounds and he told me to make an offer on it, he needed it gone. but anyways how do yall think the charger will run on my setup?

Makes more sense now. We would just hate to see you buy a chinese knock off and it cost you a motor was all. Whats that II injection pump set at for CCs? I know they usually only set thier pumps up for about 400-450cc. Also is the truck an auto? Cause torque converter stall will make or break a setup.

Mine out spooled my 66, and makes way more power. I'm thinking it might be up around 700 now.

you sons a.... I keep talking myself out ditching the 66 for a 67 and this thread will not help me.

my pump was flowed at around 460ccs max. my truck is a manual with a south bend DD. my 66 spools around 1700 to 1800rpms. where should the 467 spool at if properly tuned? and it is a genuine borg warner turbo btw.

Mine lit about 100rpm faster than the 66. It started making actual boost at around 1200rpm though.

that's awesome. will I need an external gate to run the charger and not grenade it? madmike, what size injectors are you running in your rig?

that's awesome. will I need an external gate to run the charger and not grenade it? madmike, what size injectors are you running in your rig?

5x.016s.

I had a gate, got rid of it. Drive pressure is about 1:1 up top.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i plan on adding a gate to keep overall boost down.

zach, bet you won't!!! lol

i think I will put it on pretty soon and not use a gate. should I buy a t4 manifold or use an adapter?

you sons a.... I keep talking myself out ditching the 66 for a 67 and this thread will not help me.

I feel your pain, I've been thinking about this charger as well. I see it as a charger I can grow into.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.