Oil cooler block off plate

bigstacks95

Diesel Doc
There's a bunch of threads about this but no definitive answers. Where can I buy the plate that goes over the oil cooler housing for running an external oil cooler? I see Keating has one with one fitting, but I need an outlet and inlet.

Thanks in advance.

Those appear to use the OEM oil cooler. I am looking for one that bypasses the OEM cooler for using with a filled block.

No need to delete the cooler unless you want to. Just wrap in wax paper so whenever it's done curing you can just separate it if you ever need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a cooler plate that I cut the exchanger off of and connected the two ports with hydraulic fittings. I believe you need 1.125 inches to clear. I ended up going dry sump and dont need it anymore. pm me if it will work for you.

Ended up making my own.

vugu2uhu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks..... it was easy..... traced the cooler on a piece of aluminum, cut it out, had a buddy tig on a couple pipe fittings, the bottom one is just a return so I just threaded that into the aluminum. We will see how it goes.

Looks like I'll be hunting for some Al drop...

What size fittings did you use? AN #8?

Yes they are -8. I would have liked to use -10 but I wasnt sure they'd fit on there too well. The 2 holes are pretty tight together.

Haisley sells a block off plate as well. After purchasing it, its real simple and would of been easy to make.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but if the block is filled, why do you have a water pump block off plate? I was under the assumption that you could really circulate coolant with a filled block(highly possibly that's wrong)?

Depends on how you fill it. My machinist left a passageway from the lower water inlet to the water pump and up into the head, but I decided I'd rather just run it in through the upper water inlet on the head and out the big pipe fitting on the back of the head.

Depends on how you fill it. My machinist left a passageway from the lower water inlet to the water pump and up into the head, but I decided I'd rather just run it in through the upper water inlet on the head and out the big pipe fitting on the back of the head.

Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What filter housing are you using with a building regulator.. Or are you using a separate regulator?
Thanks

I want to delete mine because i dont want the filter head sticking out. I already have a bypass system that i have plumbed through the oem plate.
If i made a plate as shown above would it be wise to add a remote oil cooler? If so would a heavy duty plate/fin style be adequate do you all think?
I honestly just like the clean look..

Ulsd with an S476 BB

Probably wouldn't hurt to get one of the big Transmission cooler style coolers with a fan, along with an oil temp gauge.