Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2013+ 6.7L 385
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
Who has a '15?

Tell me about it. How does it tow heavy with the coil springs? Any bugs or issues anyone has noticed?

Old 11-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
CREED1

Name: CREED1
Title: Throwed Off
Member`s Gallery
Jacob Snowden has one and didnt have many complaints on it. Ive test drove one rides like a cadillac. I dont think towing heavy would be an issue if coils cant handle the load im sure someone will be coming out with a rear airbag conversion.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
12VRoush

Name: 12VRoush
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
They have a rear bag option already available on them.

I have a 14, with the coil over long bed, the extra wheel base really helps to but yes rides like a cadillac. I have towed 7K all the way up to 15K so far with my pulling truck on the trailer and it tows really well and doesn't squat to bad. Nothing to noticeable.

Just my input.

96 12V ECLB - New paint, just wish the phrase "look good run good" was always true

03 Ford CCLB Puller- "How 'Bout That"

Old 11-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
CSnyder

Name: CSnyder
Title: Snyder-Motorsports
Member`s Gallery
Mine rides like a Caddy and tows very nicely with OEM rear suspension. 1200 miles on the clock now and no issues or regrets.

There is a HUGE difference between cocky and confident when it comes to engine building.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
AHarvey

Name: AHarvey
Title: TRUCK JUNKIE
Member`s Gallery
I manage a fleet of dodges. We just picked up 6 - 2014 - 2500s. They are getting great fuel mileage, ride great, and the coil rear seems to squat less than our 2500s with leaf springs. Power is great. Only complaint is the oil filter sucks to change.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #6
Hammer

Name: Hammer
Title: Verbal Junk Author
Member`s Gallery
We have one as My Fiancée decided she had enough of the bad ride her Lifted 07.5 We bought from SledPuller21 here has.Now do not get me wrong,the lifted 07.5 is a beautiful truck and has done all she wanted and more,but,once she drove a new truck with a lift it was all over.I can not believe how much superior the ride is with the lift the same height.Plenty of power to pull the big 37's down the road and so quiet you feel like you not in a diesel.We have towed nothing yet as the truck has only been here a week or so and we drive our rides to where ever we go.I know the stereo may not be up to your standards,but,even that is impressive for the factory system.So it will be so long to the old truck as it will be placed in the classifieds for her and she will enjoy the nice new 2500 Black Out she has instead........Andy

Here is a pic of her new ride,the day we picked it up,snow was not an extra charge.......

Old 11-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #7
Smoken Gun

Name: Smoken Gun
Title: Diaboli parum adiutor.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
We have one as My Fiancée decided she had enough of the bad ride her Lifted 07.5 We bought from SledPuller21 here has.Now do not get me wrong,the lifted 07.5 is a beautiful truck and has done all she wanted and more,but,once she drove a new truck with a lift it was all over.I can not believe how much superior the ride is with the lift the same height.Plenty of power to pull the big 37's down the road and so quiet you feel like you not in a diesel.We have towed nothing yet as the truck has only been here a week or so and we drive our rides to where ever we go.I know the stereo may not be up to your standards,but,even that is impressive for the factory system.So it will be so long to the old truck as it will be placed in the classifieds for her and she will enjoy the nice new 2500 Black Out she has instead........Andy

Here is a pic of her new ride,the day we picked it up,snow was not an extra charge.......
2015 Ram 2500 Black Out Edition Photo by 12vFlameRedRam | Photobucket
Great looking truck! I wasn't sure how I felt about the factory blacked out Rams, but after seeing this I'd drive one in a heart beat. Looks that much better with a lift and aftermarket wheels too. Congrates!

Last edited by Smoken Gun; 11-24-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #8
redcummins04

Name: redcummins04
Member`s Gallery
Looks really nice Andy, I saw the 07.5 for sale on the lot and was wondering what you had bought next.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #9
Hammer

Name: Hammer
Title: Verbal Junk Author
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Great looking truck! I wasn't sure how I felt about the factory blacked out Rams, but after seeing this I'd drive one in a heart beat. Looks that much better with a lift and aftermarket wheels too. Congrates!
It goes in to have the tint made a bit darker and a shade across the top of the windshield Tuesday.Put the Weathertech Vent Visors on Yesterday for her.I was really suprised when we first went and looked at it that it was riding on 285/60/20's on a black powder coated wheel from Ma Mopar.She definitely is happy with the choice and I also was not sure what to make about the Black Out Package.When you look at it inside and out it is really a nice truck.

Quote:
Looks really nice Andy, I saw the 07.5 for sale on the lot and was wondering what you had bought next.
If you know anyone looking for a nice truck,drop me a note.That truck is really nice and its a shame she doesn't want to keep it around,but,garage space is limited and We do not want to pay for a storage area for the winter for it.Its one of those,we do not have to sell it,title is in Our hands so We will not give it away.However,if it doesn't sell for what we want it will just sit nestled all warm next to the other 07.5 6.7 I just bought.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #10
Shawdrainage

Name: Shawdrainage
Title: Shaw
Member`s Gallery
Rich,

Did you get the air leveling rear suspension?

Old 12-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #11
cummins724

Name: cummins724
Title: BREAKING $HIT
Member`s Gallery
Just ordered my 15 3500 mega cab yesterday. I got the Aisin and rear airbags. I talked to my buddy and he said his 15 rides like **** and wished he bought it with the airbags. Another friend said the same about his 3500. I'm getting conflicting reviews here.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #12
pick017

Name: pick017
Title: ohio sled puller
Member`s Gallery
What kinda fuel mileage are you see? Been kicking around the idea of a new too .

Old 12-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #13
Shawdrainage

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins724 View Post
Just ordered my 15 3500 mega cab yesterday. I got the Aisin and rear airbags. I talked to my buddy and he said his 15 rides like **** and wished he bought it with the airbags. Another friend said the same about his 3500. I'm getting conflicting reviews here.
Dealers haven't gotten a truck in yet with the bags. I'm looking to get a new one, but waiting on some real opinions on if it's worth it

Old 12-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #14
CSnyder

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pick017 View Post
What kinda fuel mileage are you see? Been kicking around the idea of a new too .
2100 miles and Ive hand calculated every tank, towed 250 miles with a gooseneck hauling a diesel, and avg now is 20.8 and I refilled DEF and it took 2 gallons to top the tank off.

There is a HUGE difference between cocky and confident when it comes to engine building.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #15
CSnyder

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins724 View Post
There wasn't much change in the 3500 rear suspension as compared to earlier years. They use Hotchkiss leafs and softened them up a bit if ordered with airbags. It was the only reason my new truck is a 2500 is for the 5 link coil system. I might tow 5000 miles with it over the next 2 years I own it so Ill enjoy the rest of the miles in comfort. My 2015 2500 tows just as smooth as my 2010 3500 does without the shutter on rough surfaces and they are both crewcab short box trucks.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #16
CumminNotRunnin

Name: CumminNotRunnin
Title: Internet Mechanic
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pick017 View Post
2014 4 door dually stick. I am pulling 15.3 hand calculated commuting. Hoping to get some highway mileage figured out here over the holiday.

"A business that makes nothing but money, is a poor business."
-Henry Ford

Old 12-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #17
cummins724

Name: cummins724
Title: BREAKING $HIT
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawdrainage View Post
Dealers haven't gotten a truck in yet with the bags. I'm looking to get a new one, but waiting on some real opinions on if it's worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSnyder View Post
There wasn't much change in the 3500 rear suspension as compared to earlier years. They use Hotchkiss leafs and softened them up a bit if ordered with airbags. It was the only reason my new truck is a 2500 is for the 5 link coil system. I might tow 5000 miles with it over the next 2 years I own it so Ill enjoy the rest of the miles in comfort. My 2015 2500 tows just as smooth as my 2010 3500 does without the shutter on rough surfaces and they are both crewcab short box trucks.
I know a guy who has 2 trucks. One with bags and one without. He said to definitely get them because the ride is night and day. My 2012 has a shake to it going down the highway at 70+mph. I've had it to the shop and they put a new carrier, new tires, still same vibration, but only when I go over 70. I thought I was the only one. You getting the same vibrations as I describe Chris?

Last edited by cummins724; 12-23-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #18
CSnyder

Member`s Gallery
Both mine run smooth to 3 digit speeds.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #19
kubotaorange76

Name: kubotaorange76
Member`s Gallery
what sort of compressor and tank supplies the air bag system? wonder if they used special engineered one off parts or readily available parts for the system?

Old 12-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #20
Shawdrainage

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubotaorange76 View Post
what sort of compressor and tank supplies the air bag system? wonder if they used special engineered one off parts or readily available parts for the system?
kinda what I was thinking. Can the tank be tapped into so you could have aux air? If the truck sits for some time, how long does it take to pump the bags up?

Closed Thread