Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 03-07 3rd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 11:30 PM   #1
Leuthen

Name: Leuthen
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
2005 with codes I can’t seem to fix

I have a 2005 and I’ve been getting these codes.

P2121 Accel pedal code
Fan clutch code (forget number)
Turbo overboost code (also forgot number)

Ive replaces the apps pedal, fan clutch, rebuilt alternator, check all grounds I could think of. I’m finally not getting the fan clutch code but still throws the p2121 and overboost, throttle pedal goes to the floor and doesn’t come back till I let completely off. It’s been happening ever since the truck sat for 9-10 months getting the motor and transmission built. Also I put a bd noise isolator on it with no difference being made. Truck has ppe dual fueler kit with 180hp injectors, taterbuilt 67/67, built trans and a smarty s06.

Ive been fighting it for about 2 months and I’m out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thank you
2005 reg cab dually, built trans, dual ppe fuelers, taterbuilt 67/67, pdi manifold, 180 Motorsport diesel injectors, smarty, Hamilton cam, 12v rods, billet pushrods, studs, ported head, supporting mods

Old 06-22-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Some of those trucks were eating the engine side wiring harness under the AC compressor. It might be worth inspecting if you haven't already.

This doesn't have the engine mounted apps?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Last edited by biggy238; 06-22-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:36 AM   #3
Leuthen

Member`s Gallery
I’ll check the harness this afternoon, and no sir as far as I know the only apps is the pedal mounted one under the dash.
2005 reg cab dually, built trans, dual ppe fuelers, taterbuilt 67/67, pdi manifold, 180 Motorsport diesel injectors, smarty, Hamilton cam, 12v rods, billet pushrods, studs, ported head, supporting mods

Old 06-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #4
YoungGun

Name: YoungGun
Title: Floating in Nebraska
Member`s Gallery
Check the driver side under the battery some odd ball trucks had it under there. Tried getting a boost fooler to eliminate the overboost code?

Old 06-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #5
Leuthen

Member`s Gallery
I’ll check that too, and not yet I haven’t. Is there any possible way the boost code could cause the throttle to go away? I get off at 2 and I’ll check all these things out.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:04 AM   #6
YoungGun

Name: YoungGun
Title: Floating in Nebraska
Member`s Gallery
I don't think they are the same issue. Boost fooler would solve the over boost the ECM is seeing and the pedal issue sounds like a bad apps. Over boost is the ECM seeing to much pressure from the modified stock charger.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
YoungDiesel27

Name: YoungDiesel27
Title: Never Enough Time
Member`s Gallery
Check the harness between the head and the top belt pulley. Seen many of them not tied back and run the pulley.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #8
Leuthen

Member`s Gallery
Alright guys I’ll try all this. Very appreciated, and I’ve changed the apps that’s attached to the pedal recently but I could of got a junk Chinese part like usual.

Closed Thread