Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
murphyj

Name: murphyj
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
In your opinion what’s this truck worth

It’s a 04.5 arp 425’s, s475/83/.90 cast, exergy 100% overs, Hamilton 103’s and extreme duty push rods, fass 150, ppe dual fueler with fleece co3k bottom and a stick kHz top pump, full billet trans with suncoast triple disk fat input billet intermediate and billet output, traction bars, gauges, 06 front end, mishimoto intercooler, 254,000. Not tuned. Still running a smarty. I know I’ll loose money but just kinda seeing what’s a fair price have another truck I would like to buy and do a reg cab build. Truck also has 20x12 and a steed speed.

Old 06-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
murphyj

Member`s Gallery
Cp3k and stock lbz*

Old 06-23-2019, 11:33 PM   #3
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Crew Cab?

Probably $15-20k to most people. If you parted out your stuff and returned it to stock, probably $13-18k plus what you get from your stuff.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:47 AM   #4
murphyj

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
Crew Cab?

Probably $15-20k to most people. If you parted out your stuff and returned it to stock, probably $13-18k plus what you get from your stuff.
Quad cab short bed. I also thought about that route as well and maybe save some stuff for a new build.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:18 AM   #5
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Return to stock and sell. Unless it is built 100% like someone wants it you will likely get less than you would for the truck in stock form. Personally an S475 and 250k miles would be a huge turn off.

North American Turbo

Old 06-25-2019, 02:33 AM   #6
Smoken Gun

Name: Smoken Gun
Title: Diaboli parum adiutor.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfaylor View Post
Return to stock and sell. Unless it is built 100% like someone wants it you will likely get less than you would for the truck in stock form. Personally an S475 and 250k miles would be a huge turn off.
This^. I can't tell you how many 3rd and 4th gens (as well as Ford Raptors, custom built pre-runners, etc.) I've seen that have been heavily modified, either for desert running with top quality Carli/Thuren suspensions systems and the works of the usual off-road accessories OR the typical "I want a 1,000hp street truck" performance build, being advertised on Instagram (and other places) fail to sell month after month after month on end with the price being dropped regularly by the seller. Eventually the owner starts parting the truck out and returning it to stock. Usually once the truck is completely, or close to, stock again it sells almost right away.

I wouldn't even consider buying a diesel truck with a heavily modified powertrain, unless I knew the seller personally. That's a great way to end up with someone else's problem in your driveway.

Another vote for part it out and return to stock to sell from me.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:53 AM   #7
murphyj

Member`s Gallery
Thanks for the advice! I appreciate that. Just looking to do something different for now I’ve had the truck for 10 years. Quit working it and then decided to throw money at it to see what we could come up with. But seen some rclb build that look good. So that’s where we are going worse comes to worse truck is paid for I’ll keep it and return it to stock and use it for something else.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:36 PM   #8
booomer27

Name: booomer27
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
At the same point with mine, just installed the built tranny and injectors and now want to do something else with my money. Like said above the mods won't add much to the selling price unless it is exactly what soneone wants. Also I would really never buy a modified truck. Which leads me back to I will most likely just end up keeping mine as I will never get out of it close to what I put into it

Closed Thread