Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 03-07 3rd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Name: Yellow Jacket
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
PCS/ATS 48re tuning help

I had a customer bring me a truck to get the transmission shifting figured out.

It is a 2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins, they blew up the common rail, and were too cheap to fix it. So they installed a 1991 12V Rotary Pump engine.

They bought the ATS controller, and throttle position sensor add on, and the valve body to work together. They tried tuning the transmission themselves and didn't have an original file. So I have no clue what they have changed or messed up.

It acts like it starts in 2 gears sometimes and is not correct.

Can I purchase a good tow tuning file from someone or can anyone help me out?
FASS 240, ProFab Dropbox/Rev, Crower 4 disc, FDS 75, Meritor Alum 20-145, Hart's 3"in charger, Exergy 400% Sticks

Old 06-25-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
CookCR

Name: CookCR
Member`s Gallery
You might try calling ATS to see if they can send you a base file, I know we would do that when I worked there ages ago. I will say those PCS controllers are a PITA to get to work right, and I've seen very few that end up "right". My brother had one on his Fummins and after a lot of tries ended up going to a manual valve body.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookCR View Post
You might try calling ATS to see if they can send you a base file, I know we would do that when I worked there ages ago. I will say those PCS controllers are a PITA to get to work right, and I've seen very few that end up "right". My brother had one on his Fummins and after a lot of tries ended up going to a manual valve body.
Ok, Thanks. Not what I was hoping to hear, but I guess so it is. I was really hoping someone would know somewhat of a guru for the PCS controller. I read a lot more bad than good about peoples experiences though.

Thanks though
FASS 240, ProFab Dropbox/Rev, Crower 4 disc, FDS 75, Meritor Alum 20-145, Hart's 3"in charger, Exergy 400% Sticks

Old 06-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #4
RD TRCTR

Name: RD TRCTR
Title: Diesels, Burn Outs & Tits
Member`s Gallery
I had a PCS controller with a Suncoast valvebody for about a month before I sold it. I had the PCS 2000 and the software didn't work with Win10. The guys at PCS are jerks, so I sold it and went with the Anteater. Much happier.

The PCS guru that will help you is Adam Aquino in the Bay Area of CA. He does sell tuning for PCS controllers, I think tunes start at $300.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:44 PM   #5
YOUNG GUNS15

Name: YOUNG GUNS15
Title: Im AWESOME!!!!
Member`s Gallery
I have lots of tunes on a computer for a 12 valve third gen similar to this one. Too cheap is funny, probably another person who didn’t want to deal with 3000$ set of injectors. That’s what motivated my swap. Also sounds like they might’ve found my thread at some point, sounds really similar to my swap.

I had a heck of a time getting my ATS PCS Setup to work, I tuned the heck out of it and it always had some sort of hiccup. Knowing what I know now I could build a lot better tune from the ground up. Also I would HIGHLY suggest never using ATS’s “base tune”. Their base tune commands full line pressure at idle when putting it into drive. Several blown forward clutch seals later, bent bellview springs, I finally found the calibration in the software that was set at 0 across the board for first gear.

I can also remote tune via team viewer, helped a few people like that get their setups at least moving. I tuned one guys trans and found out over the phone that his apply lever was broken due to the pressure that the ATS base file was asking for. First time it hit second gear it blew it to hell.

Anyways, I have a lot of experience with the ATS setup. Not all positive either, but I can help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #6
Yellow Jacket

Member`s Gallery
I tried to PM you, you must have a full inbox

Closed Thread