Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 89-93 1st Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
GreasemonkeyHd

Name: GreasemonkeyHd
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Swapping an auto in my p pumped w350

So I been wanting to swap my old getrag out of my 89w350 for an auto for a while. I'm just tired of the stick for snow plowing. My stick needed a little work but it still worked fine was hoping to find someone that would trade me for a 47rh. No luck for months but I didn't think to try here but finally a guy hit me up thinking he had a 2wd 47rh I was gonna change to a 4 wheel. but it turned out to be an a518. I figured wth with the luck I was having I'd take the 518 and make do but it turned out to be pretty much fried in the forwards. Then another buddy hit me up saying he might have a 47re in a 97 2500 gasser. It looked like one and he only wanted 150 for it and the np241dhd t case. I took it turns out it's a 46re so now I don't know wtf to do. Was hoping it was a 47 and I'd just gut it and put all the internals in my 518 case with a manual vb and a billet tc and be good to go. I don't have a whole lot of money and I no longer tow anything more than a car or a tractor. Just plow snow and enjoy driving her. Does anyone have a 47 re or rh they would sell? Or parts to make my 518 I got have of and tc lockup. I got a bunch of 518 and 46re parts now! All the parts in the 46re are in great shape.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
GreasemonkeyHd

Member`s Gallery
Also was hoping to keep my 29spline 205 and use it behind the auto but without buying a 700 dollar output shaft theres no hope for that so I would possibly trade it for a 23spline to keep things simple. Not trying to build a full tilt race trans just yet just trying to have a decent one that will be good in my work/plow rig until I get a better job

Last edited by GreasemonkeyHd; 08-19-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
kole32

Name: kole32
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
You can buy everything you need to convert that a518 to a 47rh. You’ll need a 47rh valvebody, a 47rh/re input shaft, stator and pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1993 w250, 215hp pump benched by Seth. 5ks. Hamilton valve springs, colt 181/218 cam, fire ringed head. Airdog 150 at 45psi torktek ofv 6x16 injectors, timing is roughly 30*. S366 soon to have a s475 with it.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
GreasemonkeyHd

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kole32 View Post
You can buy everything you need to convert that a518 to a 47rh. You’ll need a 47rh valvebody, a 47rh/re input shaft, stator and pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do have a link to what it takes to do that. Could I use anything from the. 46re or is it all basically useless? I still dont know what to do about my t case problem

Old 08-19-2019, 05:54 PM   #5
K204DR

Name: K204DR
Title: I'm the Driver
Member`s Gallery
23 spline one should be easy to find

Old 08-19-2019, 07:08 PM   #6
GreasemonkeyHd

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by K204DR View Post
23 spline one should be easy to find
Well nobody but you has chimes in so far. I guess I'll try another part of the forum

Old 08-19-2019, 09:50 PM   #7
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Show Tell: The crap I do under a tarp - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Read this thread.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:18 PM   #8
GreasemonkeyHd

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie View Post
Good read. looks like from what he's running I could still use all my 46 re stuff. Might have to buy a valve body though I don't think the gasser 46re valve body will push enough pressure for my diesel. Would like I solid shifting trans

Old 11-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #9
GreasemonkeyHd

Member`s Gallery
Welll

Well I have the trans all rebuilt with a shift kit, billet accumulator piston,and billet single disk torque converter from DPC. Building a crossmember out of a couple stock pieces and a piece of square tubing( still have to make the braces that go to the lower part of the frame.) I'm running into driveshaft problems like I knew I would because of the added length of the auto. Custom made ones are expensive! Does anyone know of some oem units that will work for me? I'm measuring roughly 5ft for the rear and 3ft for the front and that's giving myself an inch or two on each. The frame is technically a long bed standard cab. It was ordered as a cab an chassis back in the day and had a foot of frame whacked off behind the rear axle for the western hauler bed that's on it

Closed Thread