Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Diesel Conversions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Diesel Conversions Powerplant swaps, Repowers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2019, 08:52 PM   #1
mattyboy72
 
mattyboy72's Avatar

Name: mattyboy72
Title: smashy smashy
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2008
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 206
Common rail into a c60

Got a 66 c60 chevy truck, got a 04.5 common rail i want to shoe horn into it. From what reading i could find which wasnt much. I need the apps sensor, the pedal possibly. Maybe the fuse box and fcm. Im sure plenty of guys have experience with race trucks and all that. Would love some more technical info. I would like to get away from using the fuse box if i could. Any help would be appreciated gents
__________________
04 Dodge 3500, laramie
ARMOR INC-DDP-HEIL RACING
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:47 AM   #2
Beat68CST
 
Beat68CST's Avatar

Name: Beat68CST
Title: HP & $$
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buckeye, Az
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 498
It wouldn't be any different than any other "Stand-Alone" common rail swap into an older pickup.

I believe there are a few different companies that make a stand-alone style harness for common rails now, but definitely need the pedal and computer. From there, start mounting **** up and pick a trans, snag whatever SAE bellhousing adapter plate you need and put anything from a 9 to 18 speed behind it.
__________________
1999 Beetle ALH
2004.5 Jetta BEW
2013 Jetta Wagon CJAA
All Malone tuned.

1993 W350
1968 C20 12v pile of parts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:57 AM   #3
biggy238
 
biggy238's Avatar

Name: biggy238
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Just North of Wrong
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 8,240
Grays performance if building some good looking stand alone harnesses. I have an apps for sale from an 03 that should work and let's you use a traditional cable and pedal.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
People tend to be tribal
05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 5.4L Auto
-Janus
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:45 PM   #4
mattyboy72
 
mattyboy72's Avatar

Name: mattyboy72
Title: smashy smashy
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2008
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat68CST View Post
It wouldn't be any different than any other "Stand-Alone" common rail swap into an older pickup.

I believe there are a few different companies that make a stand-alone style harness for common rails now, but definitely need the pedal and computer. From there, start mounting **** up and pick a trans, snag whatever SAE bellhousing adapter plate you need and put anything from a 9 to 18 speed behind it.
Gonna run my 48re behind it, i hate shifting lol and so a harness, computer and the pedal and mount er up, gonna be an adventurrrrre
__________________
04 Dodge 3500, laramie
ARMOR INC-DDP-HEIL RACING
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:46 PM   #5
mattyboy72
 
mattyboy72's Avatar

Name: mattyboy72
Title: smashy smashy
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2008
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
Grays performance if building some good looking stand alone harnesses. I have an apps for sale from an 03 that should work and let's you use a traditional cable and pedal.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk
Ill ask them on monday when they are in thanks man
__________________
04 Dodge 3500, laramie
ARMOR INC-DDP-HEIL RACING
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #6
dustinjean

Name: dustinjean
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mt. Washington, KY
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 63
My 04.5 has engine mounted apps but some 04.5 were mounted on fender well depends on if it was an auto or manual truck. I wired up the ecm stuff myself, you just need the ecm and engine harness thats it and iat sensor for intake tube

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
02 F-250 ccsb lariat - 12v with nv4500 - sold
06 f350 - cr/48re
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:10 PM   #7
Mark Nixon
 
Mark Nixon's Avatar

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: Make America Gape Again!
Status: Here
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brownville, Nebraska
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 8,068
I'd think you can do better than the party mentioned here.

Painless makes a fantastic product for the 03-05 ecms.

Mark.
__________________
If you or I did business like the PEOPLE in government do business, we'd be put in jail. Government is coercive.
Anarchy: The state of existence where there are no masters & no slaves. Therefore, Anarchy means the ABSENCE OF SLAVERY, or, in other words, FREEDOM.

Last edited by Mark Nixon; 08-26-2019 at 04:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:36 PM   #8
mattyboy72
 
mattyboy72's Avatar

Name: mattyboy72
Title: smashy smashy
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2008
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinjean View Post
My 04.5 has engine mounted apps but some 04.5 were mounted on fender well depends on if it was an auto or manual truck. I wired up the ecm stuff myself, you just need the ecm and engine harness thats it and iat sensor for intake tube

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mines got the engine mounted so itíll be good
__________________
04 Dodge 3500, laramie
ARMOR INC-DDP-HEIL RACING
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:37 PM   #9
mattyboy72
 
mattyboy72's Avatar

Name: mattyboy72
Title: smashy smashy
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2008
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nixon View Post
I'd think you can do better than the party mentioned here.

Painless makes a fantastic product for the 03-05 ecms.

Mark.
Grays kinda didnt have anything on their website for the 04.5 but im sure they could build something anywAy
__________________
04 Dodge 3500, laramie
ARMOR INC-DDP-HEIL RACING
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:50 AM   #10
Mark Nixon
 
Mark Nixon's Avatar

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: Make America Gape Again!
Status: Here
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brownville, Nebraska
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 8,068
I have the Painless harness here.
Very nice part, a built from the bottom up harness, not scabbed together from reclaimed OEM harnesses and it has nice fuse and relay boxes.
All plug and play and it has plug ins for each APPS used on the 03-05 trucks.

Yes, they are pricey, but the quality is excellent.

Mark.
__________________
If you or I did business like the PEOPLE in government do business, we'd be put in jail. Government is coercive.
Anarchy: The state of existence where there are no masters & no slaves. Therefore, Anarchy means the ABSENCE OF SLAVERY, or, in other words, FREEDOM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:33 PM   #11
mattyboy72
 
mattyboy72's Avatar

Name: mattyboy72
Title: smashy smashy
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2008
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nixon View Post
I have the Painless harness here.
Very nice part, a built from the bottom up harness, not scabbed together from reclaimed OEM harnesses and it has nice fuse and relay boxes.
All plug and play and it has plug ins for each APPS used on the 03-05 trucks.

Yes, they are pricey, but the quality is excellent.

Mark.
Might have to spend some more monies, thanks for the info bud
__________________
04 Dodge 3500, laramie
ARMOR INC-DDP-HEIL RACING
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #12
Mark Nixon
 
Mark Nixon's Avatar

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: Make America Gape Again!
Status: Here
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brownville, Nebraska
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 8,068
I got lucky on the one I have, found it on Amazon as a closeout around Chrstmastime of 2017, for less than 1/4 of the price of what they are now.

If you Google the part number, Painless 60250, I think there's some for ~ $800 out there.

Mark.
__________________
If you or I did business like the PEOPLE in government do business, we'd be put in jail. Government is coercive.
Anarchy: The state of existence where there are no masters & no slaves. Therefore, Anarchy means the ABSENCE OF SLAVERY, or, in other words, FREEDOM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.

 


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2019, CompetitionDiesel.com
all information found on this site is property of www.competitiondiesel.com