New pulling truck hauler!

Bobcat698

Pure Diesel Power
We are on our way back from Markle, Indiana, figured I'd share a pic of the new 44 ft Sure-Trac trailer we picked up from the plant.

There are 5 other trailers on it (we're bringing them back to the trailer dealer), we figure GCW is around 30k, I will weigh-in tomorrow.

Pulls very nicely.

BTW, we will be hauling our 2 pulling trucks with a 99 3500, the one we just picked up isn't quite ready for hauling, so we took the 96 2wd to pick it up.

I am still in awe on the over-goose deck size, I hadn't seen one in person until I picked this trailer up.. I could throw 2 ATV's up there if I want to!:evil

Judging by the rear squat, I don't think we are over the rear axle rating, we'll see tomorrow.

Attachments

• P1000400 (Medium).JPG
    P1000400 (Medium).JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Stop buying trucks garrett you make me sick. Good set-up!
Brandon

97' CTD said:
Stop buying trucks garrett you make me sick. Good set-up!
Brandon

I like to think of it as "collecting" trucks :rockwoot:
We're up to 5 CTD powered Dodges now :evil

Your gona need a bigger truck there bud..DOT takes one look at you an they'll be licking there chops..

looks like my trailer, cept mine's a triple axle. nice work garrett!

Gotta love those long trailers. Here is mine. It is 45' flat deck spread axle. The pic is old because now it has a third axle behind the rear one. there was too much bounce behind the rear axle but not anymore. As for the drag on slow corners my haulin truck doesn't care very much.
IMG_0033.jpg
The Topkick has a 3116 cat with plenty of power.
IMG_0034.jpg

Looks good. As for the overdeck get you a popup canopy put 4 studs in the deck makes a nice little between pull party pad:evil

Chuck

wanabsledpuller said:
Your gona need a bigger truck there bud..DOT takes one look at you an they'll be licking there chops..

We both (DieselDiva & I) have CDLs, the truck and trailer will be DOT inspected, and we will have all the necessary items to be legal with this combo.

I have seen pickup truck/trailer combos registered for 45K GCW.. Do I agree with grossing THAT much with a pickup, no, but we will be grossing 32k legally when all is said and done.

ahh o well i was going to see if you guys wanted to meet up i live 10 min away from markle im assuming you got your trailer from I69 trailer sales??

bonesmx2000 said:
ahh o well i was going to see if you guys wanted to meet up i live 10 min away from markle im assuming you got your trailer from I69 trailer sales??

Sorry we missed ya! Come to the Franklin IN hook or Indy, I'd like to meet you!

We got it from the Sure Trac plant right next to I69, but we bought it from R&P Carriages in Seneca, IL.
Good people, I'd recommend them to anyone: www.randpcarriages.com

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back and is the price better than the competition out there?

i believe my buddys uncle works there i believe it the same place

now what are you going to do if diva gets her truck painted custom? what about your 98 and your hauler? you will have to make them match too

Blackdog said:
If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back and is the price better than the competition out there?

Price is similar to the competition, maybe a bit higher. Depending on the options you get with this size trailer I'd say you'll spend 12.5-13.5k.

Bobcat698 said:
We both (DieselDiva & I) have CDLs, the truck and trailer will be DOT inspected, and we will have all the necessary items to be legal with this combo.

I have seen pickup truck/trailer combos registered for 45K GCW.. Do I agree with grossing THAT much with a pickup, no, but we will be grossing 32k legally when all is said and done.

How?

I don't think I've ever seen a 3500 with a tow rating over 18k.

nwpadmax said:
How?

I don't think I've ever seen a 3500 with a tow rating over 18k.

I've talked to several DOT officials including the State Patrol here in WI and they said that as long as everything was licensed for the weight I'm hauling and we carried the required items (fire extinguisher, road flares, etc) we will be 100% legal.

How do you think they hot shotters run a 3 spot 53 foot wedge cross country delivering vehicle?
They are definitely pulling over 18k.

I've done my home work on the subject, believe me.

I don't know how they're doing it legally.

If you can't stop the sucker, and wind up in court, all the lawyers will have to do is say "doesn't the manufacturer say this truck can only pull 18k?" and you're toast.

The idiots doing the registering have no idea what they're doing, that's part of the problem.

(BTW I don't mean they're idiots because of your rig. The lady who did mine was clueless.)

Last edited:
State Patrol & or the State Trooper would be the guys that pull me over to give a ticket. I talked to a few idiots at the DOT but after a few transfers I got the right people to talk to.

The trailer has electric over hydraulic disk brakes ($1500 option) and the truck will have top of the line brakes as well. It stops very well.

Anyways, I don't want this to turn into a fight over hauling it safely, it will be done properly & safely.

I bet you didn't know that if you tow any trailer with your truck that has a rating of higher than 10k for a GVW, you are required to have a CDL whether you have that much weight on the trailer or not. Do some reading in the towing/hauling section.