Over Sized DV Holders

yep they flow more fuel ! but until i finish the turbo project i can't say how much more power i will get . but as for fueling well i can black out a road and since i do not have enough turbo right now and my fuel plate is slid to the middle to cut back some of the fuel. but if i lay into even at 38 psi boost i still blow heavy black smoke the entire time.

contact Smokem for more info

I had my pump worked over by farm boys diesel and Gus hooked me up with larger holders. I noticed a big increase in fuel but couldn't say just how much because several different mods were done at one time. I would say go for it if you have the supporting mods.

I wonder how much diff. there would be with stock lines? Anyone know the id of the stockers, and the id of the stock holders? It would make since that you could increase the holders to what ever the lines are and see more fuel. But i question the littlepill or jet above the spring, in the holder thats a pretty small orfice also? Any specs on this stuff?

I'll agree here that they are an addition, think of them more like a pump relief system, relieving internal unwanted pressure.

Jim

Thanks for the specs. Smokem, is the butten you refer to the jet or orffice setting on the spring or the entire assembly that screws down ontop of the DV? Sorry dont know all the term.ology yet. either way wow, there looks to be a lot more fuel gained them from some simple machining, if the stocker is .025 and the lines are .078. Who all is set up the hone them, being that im nearing done mounting this huge charge air cooler, maybe i could try the enlarged holders? And poss. even try the ol full cuts again, hope so these temps have been a bear to get under control w/o a cooler. Thanks Ryan

Well, it already idles 150* cooler with the CAC, cant test any more the trannys still out of it. If interested more in these holders, who all is set up the edm or e. hone them? Whats the cost, do they just send you a set and you return your cores like with delevery valves?

I dont suspect it would hurt anything to get holders bigger than the stock lines[.078] the lines should only carry so much? But im interested in upsizing the holders to at least that .078 and even larger if it dont matter to give the ability to upsize the lines some day.

Looks like a gapping wound! For that matter why not just drill them out with a .078 or .093 drill bit?? Still my question is what about the little jet or orfice under the holder or on top of the spring, once the holder is enlarged that big then the little jet looks to be the big restriction?? Thoughts

BOTH? As in 2 trucks or the holders and the thing im calling the jet just under the holder? Thanks

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what it is that you are calling the "jet"? :what: Do you have a picture?

You know when you remove the holder, the spring that you have to be very carefull not to drop, well on top of it is thewashers and jet im refering to. It has a very small orfice through it and was wondering if it to needed opening up tp improve fuel flow? All im saying is no matter how big the holder is it will only pass whatever can go through that jet, the way i see it?

It kind of looks like a mushroom with a hole in the top (like a nitrous jet) and one in the side. and it sits on top of the spring and seats against the holder that screws down into the pump.

Now WE all need to fiqure out the deal with this, i would love to enlarge my holders but not untell i fiqure this out. Ive put a call in to people that will fiqure it out, i'll hear back on this tomorrow and pass on the info.

You could call Columbus Diesel and see what they'll charge for a set, they buy them with the bigger holes.

Jim