tranny apply lever broke???????????????

impmouse

loaf
well i was changing the transmssion fluid getting ready for the schied diesel event this weekend ,,, add a few mre turns of line pressure and wanted the transmission to shift at a little higher rpms like 1800-1900 to keep the truck in the power band ,,, put 2 gals of fluid in started the truck shifted thew the gears and took it around the block , soon as it shifted in second ,was ok for about a few seconds and fell on its face ,,, was thinking added to much of something drained the fluid and pulled the pan found the apply lever sit in te pan ...... what did i do ,,did i do something wrong ???????????????? see pictures

Attachments

• P8160089.JPG
    P8160089.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 45
  • P8160088.JPG
    P8160088.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 28
  • P8160087.JPG
    P8160087.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 22
  • P8160086.JPG
    P8160086.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 31
  • P8160085.JPG
    P8160085.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 65
  • P8160084.JPG
    P8160084.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 43
Odd. I think that's the one you have to pull the trans to replace to since the pin goes in behind the convertor

No you have to pull the trans, the pin comes out behind the torque convertor.

Isn't that a suncoast tranny? It doesn't look like a billet piece, looks like a cast one.

Yes you did something wrong! You cranked up the pressure. How much pressure were you running?

not sure ,,, the builder of the tranny said i could turn it in until i was a 1/4 away from the housing but when looking at it it was half way ,,, well if i have to pull the tranny i guess where pulling the tranny

Isn't that a suncoast tranny? It doesn't look like a billet piece, looks like a cast one.

Yes you did something wrong! You cranked up the pressure. How much pressure were you running?

that looks like a stock lever, billets are 4.2 or 5.1 ratio.

Stock ratio on 48RE is 5.0 also.

3.8 has more holding than a 5.0. More of a mechanical advantage with the 3.8. Shift timing is changed also.

if a billet one was put in the first place you think it would have broke ?

but i'm going to call the builder of the tranny to see if that was one of the things that should have or included in the build ,,,

on the pressure adjustment anybody run theres half way in ?

if a billet one was put in the first place you think it would have broke ?

but i'm going to call the builder of the tranny to see if that was one of the things that should have or included in the build ,,,

on the pressure adjustment anybody run theres half way in ?

of course he should have put it, their like 20-40 bucks and known for breaking with upgraded VB's

Stock ratio on 48RE is 5.0 also.

3.8 has more holding than a 5.0. More of a mechanical advantage with the 3.8. Shift timing is changed also.

thats a 47re? isnt it? stock for 47re is 3.8 ratio.

Stock 48RE are 5.0 also. I actually don't think the 47RE had the 5.0 levers.

yea stock is 3.8 ,,, thats what i'm going to ask why an upgraded lever was not installed .... i'm just wondering how i'm going to pull the tranny and have it back togther before schieds and work this week .... i don't know i guess will see

6 hours two guys on the floor. Pretty much best we ever did on a 4x4 with the full u joint shields/loops.

maybe i just got bad luck ,, i just don't understand sometimes, i know other friends of mine are 10 times harder on there transmission than i am and have power hp than i do .... like i said bad luck