ProStreet Cummins S10 known as Nat Nodventich

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
Since the official unveiling was rained out at the TS 2009 event, I figured I should post a thread with the details of my Cummins s10 known as 'Nat Nodventich'.

First off, the name- 'Nat Nodventich' is Pennsylvania Dutch (Amish) meaning 'not necessary'. The pronunciation is almost how it's spelled, 'nat' 'nood ven teih". It's named as a tribute to my grandfather, Fred. As a dairy and grain farmer, he made it a point to take a much younger version of me to the field whenever there were equipment repairs needed. In doing so, I gained the knowledge to fix just about anything. When he and I built my 600hp '99 Cummins in the winter of 2002, he articulated the now famous words after the first test drive: "Das ist nat nodventich" with a huge smile across his face.

Second, the why- Because I can. If diesels are ever going to be taken seriously in drag racing, they need to go rounds. Being nearly half the weight of my last full size truck, the s10 is light enough to go round after round without driveline failure. It is not built with any class rules besides NHRA safety rules for the times it's capable of running.

Third, I have to give credit for the sponsors and Firepunk.com crew that busted their butts building this truck for the last 15 months. From custom crafting parts from raw stock to providing hints and tips, you are what made this project possible and I am extremely grateful. Sure, it was 5am; 4 hours before you needed to be awake again and you were still covered in fiberglass dust, but not one of you complained. :hehe: I also need to pay me respects to my Uncle James who taught a 1 week course in body work, prep and paint. I'm forever indebted by your generosity!

Here's the spec sheet that the sponsors were given at the beginning of the season:

Company/sponsor name: Brandon Miller - Firepunk.com

Vehicle:
Major Sponsors – FASS, F1 Diesel, Woodruff Diesel
Minor Sponsors - Mumau Diesel, Haulman Mfg., Synapse Eng., Hostetler Trucking, Mayer Farm Equipment
Vehicle – 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Pro Street Truck
Engine – 5.9l 12valve mechanically-injected Cummins
Trans – TRE Performance 47RH, Goerend Converter
Exhaust – Custom 5"
Gauges – Stewart Warner by Woodruff Diesel
Injectors – F1 Diesel Custom 12valve injectors
Fueling – Custom P7100-Series Mechanical Pump by self
Turbo(s) – 71mm K31 compounded with (unknown)mm HC5A by Woodruff Diesel
Intercooler – 800psi Water Injection by Hoffman/McVey
Internal Engine Mods – Stock Crankshaft, Stock Rods, Custom Pistons,
ATI Superdamper, Machine Work by F1 Diesel, Spartan Billet Cam &
Tappets by F1 Diesel
Suspension – Stock leaf springs
Tires / Wheels – Mickey Thompson 10.5" Drag Radial

List of shows and events (name of event or show, date, city and state):
05/08/2009 TS Outlaw, Bowling Green, KY
06/06/2009 NHRDA FASS Diesel Nationals - O'Reilly Raceway Park, Indianapolis, IN
07/11/2009 NHRDA Thompson Raceway Park, Thompson, OH
07/18/2009 NADM A&A/Keystone East Coast Nationals, Numidia, PA
07/25/2009 NHRDA Maple Grove Raceway, Mohnton, PA (tentative)
09/12/2009 NADM/DPM Diesel Drags, Reynolds, GA (tentative)
09/26/2009 NHRA Pro Diesel @ National Trail Raceway, Columbus, OH (tentative)
More events will be added as they are announced by the sanctioning bodies.

Photos to follow...

The S-10, it's home and Chipmnk's truck.
trucktrailer3.jpg

trucktrailer6.jpg

trucktrailer7.jpg

Remember above where I said I couldn't have done it without the firepunk.com crew? Kyle buffed and Allen hand polished every shiny aluminum piece on the truck, including the gauge cluster.
polishing_day2.jpg

Oh I can't wait to see this....

Are you running Caltracs in the rear?

Can't wait to see it run on the 6th, Brandon.
You and all your crew/help did an outstanding job.

Brandon,
Looks great I can't wait to see it. When are you comming down to FL again???? We have a Race in Gainsville in Aug!!!!

3500 rpm going negative mph?? i think you still got some work to do LOL just messin with ya... nice lookin truck!!! it looks so tiny compared to the superduty

well after riding in it this week, I will say this thing transfers weight really well. When the turbo lights the back end drops and you have to sit straight up in the seat to see over the HUGE cowl LOL. All it wants to do is go straight, I don't think it'll be as bad some think, but it will be a poop your pants ride once the power is set on kill. I can't wait for that!

Lavon

Yeah those tires won't do much for that truck. Awesome looking truck. Any pics of the twins?

Those tires might surprise y'all.
There are some Drag Radial cars running deep 7's with similar tires.

well after riding in it this week, I will say this thing transfers weight really well. When the turbo lights the back end drops and you have to sit straight up in the seat to see over the HUGE cowl LOL. All it wants to do is go straight, I don't think it'll be as bad some think, but it will be a poop your pants ride once the power is set on kill. I can't wait for that!

Lavon

So could you see over it? :p

I can't wait to see it make some passes too...after watching some passes last night, I'm ready to get something of mine running again too:D

Chris

Those tires might surprise y'all.
There are some Drag Radial cars running deep 7's with similar tires.

Agreed but they do not have the torque that the high hp diesels do,it should be an interesting time trying to hook up.

The truck looks bad a## in person,whish I could of seen it run at TS.

Back