Dr. Performance Freeze Plug Kit w/ Tapp Included:

Prices avaliable soon

TapKit5.jpg

TapKit3.jpg

TapKit7.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

All freeze plugs not pictured

Very interested..

Need a price quote for Garmon's Diesel Performance please!!

Thanks!!

Very interested..

Need a price quote for Garmon's Diesel Performance please!!

Thanks!!

are those the one's that blew out on you Dave ? I was thinking they were the one's on the side of the head.

are those the one's that blew out on you Dave ? I was thinking they were the one's on the side of the head.

It was one of the one's Just above the Exhaust Port on that side....There's like 2 per cyl.....I think....

Someone mentioned that there were 11 of them total!!

I just got the ok for the price:

Retail - $179.95

and swole PM sent

HeadPlugSaleSheet.jpg

If you happen to blow out a freeze plug and leak water into the valve train area your going to be in big trouble. Obviously water and oil dont work too well together. Call this "Preventative Maintenance"

Not a good idea to do all thet tapping with the head on the truck.
Just my opnion.

Not a good idea to do all thet tapping with the head on the truck.
Just my opnion.

X2^^^^

I don't think you could do it in the truck anyway...Would be a HUGE Pain in the A$$!

You need the head off so you can clean out all the shavings and make sure None are left in the coolant passages!!

But TOTALLY worth it....You Don't want to have this happen like I did!!

photo-27.jpg

photo-28.jpg

photo-29.jpg

photo-32.jpg

photo-31.jpg

photo-35.jpg

I must say that really really sucks! But from this standpoint it looks cool! Looks like one of those motors you send in to those cutaway companies for a display, but you just made your own...

Swole, got a call last week from a guy with a freshly rebuilt C/R that is bone stock, it threw a rod out and destroyed both computers.......I'll keep my 12V's.

Jim

how many freeze plugs does this replace, and which ones?

also, do the holes have to be drilled, or just tap and install?

If I remember correctly, there's 11 of them. They're the ( about ) 1" plugs on the exhaust side by the springs. No drilling required, you just have to tap the holes with the supplied tap.

Really good insurance to avoid what Swole went through.

Swole, got a call last week from a guy with a freshly rebuilt C/R that is bone stock, it threw a rod out and destroyed both computers.......I'll keep my 12V's.

Jim

I don't blame you one bit! I'd love to find a nice 12v to toy with myself.

Back