Pinning Valve seats in

Pony_Kegger

What is the best way of keeping the valve seats in the head. i have the head off and was wondering what i can do the prevent this failure. None are loose right now.

so i just have to replace the seats with oversized ones before pinning them. where did you get them

is this a problem on crs??? or only on high rpm engines w/p pumps?

I got the seats from Carlquist Competition Engines
98 Falls Ave., Oakville, CT 06779 (860)274-0742. I'm not sure where they sourced them.

is this pretty spendy to have done to the head? my head is on the table.

So the consensus is harder, oversized, peened seats? Where can the seats be purchased?

My head is about to come back off and I AM NOT replacing the seats a 3rd time, so I need this time to work.:bang

I had mine done at Dealers Machine in FT Worth, there not pinned they had the nitrogen treatment also and installed with .010 interference.

Thay do bad ass work up there give James a call 8one7-3o8-116one

If you have the head off its alot cheaper to do it now rather then have to replace what ever it takes out when that seat falls into the cylinder plus have new seats put in.

Last edited:
I know it's cheaper to replace them while the head is already off......that's why I did it the first time the head was off. :doh:

I guess 6k mi of intermittent 2k+ on the pyro was just too much. LOL

I know I dont want mess with them again, I got lucky the first time and it stuck to the valve. James said that I wont ever have a problem again.

Maybe a bit more info? As in what seats you're referring to and what shop as well?

when valve drops
P1010720.jpg

Mine was making no engine noise, only exhaust pop and a miss. Even if mine looks like that, I'm running it the way it is.