cheapest way to 600 on #2

house

the Fat kid!
as the title says single turbo whats the easisest way to 600hp

house said:
I said on #2!!!!

There's #2 mixed in there with it... you mean #2 only? On a 12 valve?

I'd go with:

435s - $470
Scheids DVs - $275
HTT 66/14 - $1900ish
Home made #0 Torque Plate or No plate
Modded AFC
Free GSK Mod
SBC DD - 3600/3850 - $2000ish

That doesn't count head studs and anything to help make it reliable, but you could get there and maybe run a couple of weeks that way... :ft: :evil

A cam in there would help, you could maybe cheat and run the valves a little tight for more flow and a head porting would help too.

Last edited:
i know 12mm studs is gona be a must, other then that any thing else

0-ring the head, studs, Pro Street 66ss, 435s, cut DVs, 0 plate, 18* timing. AFC mods.

wildmanben said:
0-ring the head, studs, Pro Street 66ss, 435s, cut DVs, 0 plate, 18* timing. AFC mods.

Yeah, I'd add the o-rings to keep the gasket in place and if you're going to take the head off a marine gasket would be a good idea. Then you should be right up there.

make sure you got a built auto. or clutch to hold all that power too! that adds up $$, that is gonna be my first big mod.

pulling, and no the ocassioanly around town thing is always nice

600 hp on #2 single turbo interesting ! if i make 400 i will be happy but don't think i won't read this thread just in case i can get there with a little more $$$$

its goign to get hot, mine with a PS66, 370's, modded pump, cam, puts down 562/1109 but egts get hot quick.

get a trans that will hold it (ie clutch or billet auto), take the pump to a pump shop and have it flowed and balanced, 370's, fairly large single, you should be close.

First get a real strong tranny ATS DTT all billet internals.after that you may have to save up for another year to put the rest into the truck.

just posting so i have access to other ideas later .....sound like a sweet Idea though....heck i might just join your quest

satburn said:
There's #2 mixed in there with it... you mean #2 only? On a 12 valve?

I'd go with:

435s - $470
Scheids DVs - $275
HTT 66/14 - $1900ish
Home made #0 Torque Plate or No plate
Modded AFC
Free GSK Mod
SBC DD - 3600/3850 - $2000ish

That doesn't count head studs and anything to help make it reliable, but you could get there and maybe run a couple of weeks that way... :ft: :evil

A cam in there would help, you could maybe cheat and run the valves a little tight for more flow and a head porting would help too.
Man i could have sworn i saw the word cheap, cheapest in the title topic ! 4K ?? man i need your job :bow: :what: LOL LOL LOL

butter my butt and call me a biscut i guess i am the only poor man in here :hehe:

moneymaker44 said:
Man i could have sworn i saw the word cheap, cheapest in the title topic ! 4K ?? man i need your job :bow: :what: LOL LOL LOL

butter my butt and call me a biscut i guess i am the only poor man in here :hehe:

This from a guy who's user name is moneymaker? I could have used more expensive injectors and turbo right? Hey, I even threw in the free GSK mod and a free fuel plate, I'm saving money... :hehe:

well the truck i got has 370's, 3k's, 0 plate, afc mod, tst dvs and is hitting 52 psi on a stock charger, what else to the quest of 600 will be good trans is on the way

house said:
well the truck i got has 370's, 3k's, 0 plate, afc mod, tst dvs and is hitting 52 psi on a stock charger, what else to the quest of 600 will be good trans is on the way

Your gonna need more fuel. Need a good supply pump. If you don't already have it. I haven't seen one mentioned.
The easiest way is to have one built for you and put it on a credit card:hehe:

i know my truck has issues that i still havent figured out yet but i have the 435's, zero plate, 4k gsk, modded afc, htt 64ss, 181 dv's and an all billet dtt auto and i only put down 370hp. i know i dont have the full cut dv's but goin by the formulas listed above i should be in the 500hp range. right?

smknram said:
i know my truck has issues that i still havent figured out yet but i have the 435's, zero plate, 4k gsk, modded afc, htt 64ss, 181 dv's and an all billet dtt auto and i only put down 370hp. i know i dont have the full cut dv's but goin by the formulas listed above i should be in the 500hp range. right?
Something's not quite 'tuned' in your application and you'll want bigger DV's.

Joe, I think you'll want some type of head porting if you're gonna run a single @ 600. And a 5 or 6k GSK.