00 Dodge wont start

maddobber28

Not my truck but a friend of mine had his truck die running down the road the other day and had to tow it home. It has a fass fuel pump but no pressure gauge. I cracked the fitting on the injection pump to see if it has fuel to the pump and it seems to have a lot of pressure and had quite a bit of flow in a short time it was open. I have messed with a lot of vp44 trucks and never had one that wouldn't start, or even try to start. I cracked injector line on 1,3,4..And it doesn't seem to have a lot of fuel coming out or have much pressure. The other problem is a read the codes and nothing comes up. The only other thing I noticed is that his fass pump seems to change tone a lot and it seems to pulse fuel on the fill tube of the truck where the fuel line returns off the Fass back into the truck tank. I have installed about 6 Fass systems on vp trucks and never noticed any other one making so many different sounds. I guess I just want to know if I missed something obvious or if the injection pump is bad and it didn't throw any codes. Or maybe the fass has the pressure when I break the connection up front but it just doesn't flow enough to feed the vp. I guess let me know where I should start. I need to get my gauges over to his shop and see but if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Also could this be a ground or electrical problem? Thanks

I would say more than likely its the vp44. I've heard of em goin out without throwin codes.

sounds like the vp bit the dust an the fass is not far behind make sure the fass is properly grounded an that it has 12 volts getting to it

My vp went out on my truck with out any codes. I have a FASS 200 GPH but it sounded fine, so not sure about that one.

Back