01 24v into 99?

Excuse my ignorance but Iv never had a 24v....

I have a 99 that I have an 01 motor lined up to put in it. I was told there are differences that will require me to make some changes?

What will I need to modify or change to make the 01 work in my 99. My 99 is a 5sp 4x4.

When I swapped my motor, I took the whole harness (including ecu, sensors, etc.) from the motor that was in the truck and put it all on the donor motor. Just some food for thought.

I went from a 99 engine to a 01. There are differences as far as sensors and wiring harness.

Call Jeff Garmon and ask him because he is the one that did my swap for me. I think the 01s have a cam sensor and the 99s do not. DO NOT quote me on that though, but I do know there is a difference.

Almost forgot about the early units needing a crank sensor. 01 units don't use a crank sensor, so in that case you would not want to swap any harnesses or sensors.

So if I where to make this work I would need a full 01 harness?

And the 01 engine harness should plug into all my in cab harness etc as long as I use the 01 ecm etc?

So if I where to make this work I would need a full 01 harness?

And the 01 engine harness should plug into all my in cab harness etc as long as I use the 01 ecm etc?

You'll need the '01 engine harness and corresponding ecm (with correct '01 sensors). The main harness plugs should go together just fine. I've heard of some having other minor issues like the speed sensor / abs not communicating properly, but there's ways around that.

If you're feeling ambitious, you could just take the crank and cam out of the '99 engine and put it in the '01. Then put the crank sensor in where the cover plate is now and swap over the remaining wiring/sensors/etc.:Cheer:

Back