'01 No Start

Bobus

Powerstroked
Looking at buying a '01 F350 7.3l Auto w/117K miles. BUT it won't start..It cranks but won't start. I have checked all the fuses and there all good, Key on and i can hear the fuel pump running (water drain open and fuel pours out). Has a new CPS, Oil is full.. Sometimes it will blow smoke while cranking, othertimes it won't.. Could this be a IPR problem?

I would say yes it could be an IPR.

Try to unplug the ICP sensor and crank it.

waitin for the snow to melt and the mud to dissappear so i can get too the truck.. had to pull my truck out of the field wednesday when i went too look at it

Went and looked at the Truck today, Had to jump it.. It cranks and gets great oil pressure.. Unplugged the ICP, no luck, so i'm guessing its the IPR. Here is a vid of it cranking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZmIIofS1Uk

Very little smoke, sorta pops off on ether

a friend of mine had his do that and it was the hpop reservoir was not full of oil, take the hex plug out on the top and check and see if its full. just a thought

I actually Ended up putting a IPR in in and it Fired right up.. Runs great now.. Once i got it running the Guy backed out on wanting to sell it.. Paid me for the Part and my time.. I hate it when that happens.. its happened twice too me in the last year

That really sucks man! i bought my truck like that but i towed mine off his property first, fixed it that night then drove it to work the next day...

That really sucks man! i bought my truck like that but i towed mine off his property first, fixed it that night then drove it to work the next day...

Man I sure wish I could say that. I bought my truck and so far have changed the batteries, HPOP, IRP, CPS. It still don't even act like it wants to start. About to pull what hair I have left out or part it out.

Man I sure wish I could say that. I bought my truck and so far have changed the batteries, HPOP, IRP, CPS. It still don't even act like it wants to start. About to pull what hair I have left out or part it out.

how about changing the icp

Back