03 6.0 help on hard start

jon28

i have searched most of this evening for any ideas on what could be wrong with a customers vehicle at my shop its a 03 f350 6.0 stock, he bought the truck used last year and it was doing great but recently he took it to a local ford dealer for something minor and they told him he had 2 injectors bad, so he payed to have them replaced and now the truck runs with a miss and has become in 30-40 degree mornings hard to start but no smoke while cranking or when it fires. He thinks its glow plugs but i'm not completely sold on that idea, but it has a dtc in the truck but i can't pull them and i'm using a genesis scanner updated to 4.0 and all i get is communication error so i'm a lil stumped these 6.0s are still fairly new to me (cummins guy) but i'm willing to learn, so any help i'd love guys this is his bread and butter truck for his business

-Jon

It's not glow plugs. Need to get that code pulled. Check the voltage of the FICM. Does the truck run good when warm?

Go to swamps diesel to find out how to check the FICM voltage. I'd explain but I'm on the phone.

no the truck now after being at the dealer he has complained and i've experienced it you can feel the miss, its in all honesty a turd lol i know when he first bought it, it never ran this bad or where you could hear a miss in the engine, thanks goose! i've tried 3 dif scanners and all say the same thing connection error , so boken wire from or to pcm? or maybe even between ficm?

Check the harness on the FICM and the voltage.

FICM - fuel injector control module.

thanks goose i been reading about them and thats where i'm goin to first

Back