03 Ecm

12 valve only

My cousin has an 03 he tried putting a Bully dog chip on it and the ecm burnt up. He took it to chrysler and they said that is what happened so therefore do any of you know if there is something aftermarket you can get one from or do you have to go through chrysler. Any information is appreciated. thanks

Is it an AT? need a little more info...ECM/PCMs just don't burn up...

It is an auto. I have not been around them enough to know if they just go bad but all i know is after he put that chip on there it now has no communication with the DRB so I dont know. That is why I am asking for any information. Cause the dealership could just be saying its bad, is there any fuses we can check or fuseable links by the battery or anything. Thanks for the help.

you have to keep the x's and 0's in sequence. If not you can kill the ecm.

It is an auto. I have not been around them enough to know if they just go bad but all i know is after he put that chip on there it now has no communication with the DRB so I dont know. That is why I am asking for any information. Cause the dealership could just be saying its bad, is there any fuses we can check or fuseable links by the battery or anything. Thanks for the help.

Does He have aftermarket security,any type of additional devices? T-Dog or PowerPup?

No he doesn't but he did say it is communicating but its coming up with a
p0203 code and it just wont run and wont take a tune he said all he did was plug the bullydog in and it automatically said to unhook the battery cables and every time he plugs it in thats what it says?? we plugged in a smarty and it will communicate and read codes but will not allow him to select a tune or anything.

Back